Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Final Days of the Reich

Article about: Some more pictures I have Cheers for the compliments by the way I have more but I can't upload them for some reason

Default Re: The Final Days of the Reich

The look on the young Volksturm lad says it all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Final Days of the Reich
    P
    Many

Amazing photos, I wish I had some like this. One day.

Jeff

?

The picture of the dead soldier with the Brandenburg gate in the back ground is an incredible shot what a waste. A great people that followed a terrible mad man into the annals of time.

?

I agree that the photo of the dead soldier is incredible. For me it,s the face of what the war was all about and for me it,s the image same as the grave of the unknown soldier. A time that people followed an ideal to replace the uncertainties of the time. It had nothing to do with following a mad man or the insanity of a race, hitler had a lot of followers in england and america. I also reject the thought that it was insane that he used children and old men to defend the city. Just take a look at the russian army and you see that the even had woman under arms and you hardly see that in the german army. Remember dads army, we laugh at it but at the time it was the last defense for Britain. If you want to judge then do it fairly and open minded and see the madness from all sides.
    And by the way. Great pics

Hitler was a mad man, i also agree about that. And also Stalin was even worse. He is responsible for the death of 30 million soviet people. Hitler is responsible for millions of deaths, but at least that was during war. Stalin was killing his own people and not during war.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Ok I concede did not relize that I was about to open pandoras box so lets take this a little farther then shall we in all fairness . Germany was still recouping from it's losses of the first world war, a world wide depreshion and or recession depending how you look at it , and the many embargo's, conditions and, war reparations that were layed at her feet after the sighning of the treaty of Versailles And I will agree that the German peaple as a hole were following an Ideal in uncertain times Hitler was a very charasmatic speaker that held a nation in an almost spellbound state. And yes you are right Hitlers Idealism did spread across the globe and he had many followers in England the USA, Argentina ,and that is just to mention a few. I do beleive thoe that by late 1943 early 1944 the German people were being led by a man that was teatering on the edge of madness. Members of Hitlers own general staff had tried to have him assasinated on more than one occasion. Now let us turn are attention to Comrade Stalin shall we I agree this man is directly responsible for the deaths of over 30 Million and a good many of them just after WW2 . And the arrest and interment of millions of others many of them that were arrested were held as political prisoners and were tortured in prisons or sent to the Gulags of northeastern Siberia. Let us not forget the thousands of German soldiers that were held in Russia after the war some as long as eight years. This was all done in the name of the party and for the good of the people as we all know.Stalin was as well a ruthless dictator who ruled with an Iron fist his closest allies being violence and fear .Macket you brought up the point of Dad's Army as Englands last defence again in all fairness let us remember that this was a nation under seige and they were not the aggressor in this world wide conflict Germany fired the first shots on September 2 1939 with the Blitzkrieg of Poland.And yes I know that Germany had been involved with other conflicts before that date and the annex of other countries but this was the last straw as it were for England and france as they had treaties and pacts with Poland as well as many other European countries.

Who among us would not fight and die for our country,no matter what the age.

?

I think to understand fully we would have had to have been there the world had a hole different mentality and peoples values were different then . I myself agree with you.
    Last edited by Mark K; 04-26-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I think to understand fully we would have had to have been there the world had a hole different mentality and people values were different then . I myself agree with you.
    Correct
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I think to understand fully we would have had to have been there the world had a hole different mentality and people values were different then . I myself agree with you.
    I understand,I know it was for a lost cause but one of theses days we might be facing a dilemma that it will take all of use to defend ourselves.I would hope to think if I was looking at an invasion of the U.S. and I was maybe ten years old I would do what was necessary.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast