Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grandfather

Article about: My grandfather - Zulfi Khudaverdiyev, sergeant-major, 9th Krasnodar Plastun Division, 1944.

Yes, he's in the award's database. He was awarded on November 6, 1942 being a medic with the 40th Motorised Brigade of Black Sea Armies Group. They've been fighting three weeks non-stop in the mountaneous region in North Caucasus eastwards from Black Sea. As per an official report Trofimov alone took 35 wounded soldiers away from the battlefield on October 2, 1942 and 20 more soldiers along with their arms 0n October 4. Besides, he volunteered to enter the neutral zone to get to the body of the killed lieutenant destroying two enemy soldiers in the course of this action. He then burried the lieutenant there in no man's land.
    Interesting, in fact he was initially singled out for the Medal of Valor then changed to the Order of the Red Banner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grandfather
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Thank you very much , indeed exceptional, his act of bravery fit into the criteria for awarding the Red Banner .

For example :

за особые мужество и отвагу, проявленные при выполнении специального задания
    Орден КРАСНОГО ЗНАМЕНИ - 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2