Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grandfather

Article about: My grandfather - Zulfi Khudaverdiyev, sergeant-major, 9th Krasnodar Plastun Division, 1944.

Default Grandfather

My grandfather - Zulfi Khudaverdiyev, sergeant-major, 9th Krasnodar Plastun Division, 1944.
    Grandfather

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grandfather
    P
    Many

A great photo!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree, fabulous photo!

I would like to post this in the IMAGES section for posterity.

Do I have your permission?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Sure! Please go ahead.

Of which Cossack group did he belong?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Great photo. I noticed a cropped version on Plastun - Wikipedia
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted him chasing me.

PLASTUN refers to Cossack infantrymen. 9th Krasnodar division was the only Cossack infantry unit with the Red Army in WW2 established in September 1943 on the basis of the 9th Mountain Division in Krasnodar. The core of the unit has been represented by the Cossacks of Kuban along with the Caucasian indigenous people - Georgians, Azerbaijanians, Cherkesians, Dagestanians, Osetians. Starting from the battle of Caucasus plastuns had become one of the elite units with the Red Army. They then fought in the Ukraine (battle of Lvov-Sandomir), Poland (battle of Visla-Oder), south-east Germany (battle of Upper Silezia), Czekhoslovakia (battles of Moravska Ostrava and Prague). Very often they have been considered as a special task force similar to nowdays commandos. Terified enemy called them 'Stalin's cutthroats'. They had destroyed two regiments of WaffenSS in Dembitsa, Poland in August 1944. In that battle alone plastun's casualties had numbered to 339 dead, 1031 wounded. In January 1945 they've liberated Krakow and the prisoners of Aushwits Nazi concentration camp. Overall East-European campaign casualties numbered to 1409 dead, 4424 wounded. They ended up the war liberating Prague on May 6, 1945

More plastuns - close friend of my Grandfather -Yevdokim Trofimov, sergeant-major and an unknowm female medic.

Grandfather

Trofimov is decorated with the Order of the Red Banner - very rare for sergeant ranking soldiers - normally for the high ranking officers.
    Note SS dagger as a trophey.

Czekhoslovakia, May 1945.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Mehti Safarov View Post
    Trofimov is decorated with the Order of the Red Banner - very rare for sergeant ranking soldiers
    screwback variation, apparently obtained before June 1943, you know the circumstances ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast