Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

"Gratitude" Certificates

Article about: "Gratitude" Documents of Guards to Red Army Man (Private) Ivan Pavlovichu Krukovu: - Gratitude to the participant of fight beyond Danube: For excellent operations at speeding up of

gratitude of SOROKA Mikhail, 1st Polish Army.
    Order No. 299 of 12 March 1945: taking Wejherowo (Neustadt) on the outskirts of Danzig and Gdynia, reaching the coast of Danzig Bay north of Gdynia and controlling the town of Puck (Putzig)
    Order No. 319 of 30 March 1945: the defeat of the Danzig group of German troops and the capture of the city and fortress of Gdansk (Danzig)
    Order No. 313 of March 28, 1945: Taking of the naval base and the port on the Baltic Sea by the city of Gdynia
    "Gratitude" Certificates

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Gratitude" Certificates
    P
    Many

?

Philippe! His correct name is not MIKHAIL SOROKA, but SZER SROKA.
    MICOCZYSLAW is his patronymic, i.e. name of his father.
    In Russain documents he is going as SROKA SCHEPAN MIKHAILOVICH (Срока Щепан Михайлович).

There is a KIA and MIA report on him from 16 April 1945. I am not sure now if he survived the war... Lets check it again later.

"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates

?

Private SROKA has survived the war - his Victory over Germany medal was issued on 05/Nov/1945.

?

Philippe, I have to correct myself. I asked my Polish colleague and got it explained.
    Szer. = szeregowiec = Private
    Surname: Sroka
    First name: Mieczyslaw

So I see now how in Russain transmription his name turned into Mikhail Soroka.

The question is if the MIA report is also relates to the same Sroka/Soroka.
    I will try to see into it.

gratitude:

n ° 209 of 04 November 1944 for the capture of the city of Szolnok in Hungary.
    No. 217 of 09 December 19444 for the breakthrough of the enemy defense north-east of Budapest and the connection to Lake Velence of troops advancing south of Budapest and along the west bank of the Danube to the north.
    No. 277 of 13 February 1945 defeat of the encircled enemy group of Budapest and capture of the Hungarian capital Budapest.
    N ° 293 of March 07, 1945 taken from the city of Banská Štiavnica in the Carpathians, on the territory of Czechoslovakia.
    N ° 318 from March 30, 1945 crossing the rivers and nitro and Groen cities on the masters direction Bratislava Komarno Nove Locks, Schur Komyatitse, Vrable.
    N ° 323 of March 31, 1945 crossing of the river Vag and controlling the cities of Nitra and Galanta.
    N ° 326 of 01 April 1945 taken the cities of Trnava, Hlohovec and Senec on the outskirts of Bratislava.
    No. 335 of April 13, 1945 taken from the city of Hodonín in the territories of Czechoslovakia.
    No. 344 of April 26, 1945 taken from the industrial center of Czechoslovakia by the city of Brno.
    No. 372 of August 23, 1945 fighting of the Soviet armed forces against the Japanese forces in the Far East.
    "Gratitude" Certificates "Gratitude" Certificates "Gratitude" Certificates
    "Gratitude" Certificates "Gratitude" Certificates

?

Hello Philippe!

The veteran is Sr.Lt. GRISHIN IVAN VASILIEVICH, born 1910.
    First a sapper platoon commander of 1195 rifle reg., 360 rifl. div., 4 shock army.
    Later regiment engineer at 779 rifle reg, 227 rifle div, 53 army, 2 Ukr. front. His Victory medal is issued by this regiment.
    In Patriotic war since 22 June 1941. In service since 1939.
    Awarded Bravery medal in 1943 and Red Star in 1945.
    Wounded at least twice during the war.

?

Hello!
    I would like to share 3 gratitude documents, which are, I think, a little unusual.
    All three are for 3 different men.
    The first two are 4 and 3 gratitudes on ONE uncut sheet of paper.
    Further more, the document with three gratitudes has water signs and overall design is unusual сomparing to others.

The last one is printed with unusual paint, I think. It is not just black, but black with silver paint mixed in. It is not easy to see on the electronic picture, but when looked at an angle you see some white specs all over the black printed area. Those are in fact due to silverish paint mix.

"Gratitude" Certificates
    Last edited by Egorka; 01-06-2018 at 08:06 PM.

?

Gratitude #277 for Battle of Budapest issued by 576 medical battalion, 66 Guards rifle division. The gratitude is arranged as a booklet and bound with a thread.
    Issued to private SCHIPETS IVAN SERGEEVICH.

Interestingly, private SCHIPETS was one of the first cavaliers awarded newly established order of Glory III class. I think, the number should be less than 500, but I have not checked it yet.
    He earned his OGIII while serving in 190 GuRR, 66 GuRD for the action 29.10.1943 and was recommended for Red Banner order (For outstanding action, which lead to capture of the first enemy defence line and subsequent repulsion of a counter attack, in which private SCHIPETS singlehandedly defended the right flank of the position eliminating up to 25 enemy troops. In this action comrade SCHIPETS was wounded.)
    Citation was written on 02.11.43, and supported by division commander on 10.11.43. The final decree by 53 Army came on 21.12.43 and the decoration was changed from Red Banner to OGIII.

So it appears private SCHIPETS being wounded on 29.10.43 remained in service at the 576 medical battalion of the same division. It seems he is wounds prevented his return to more active duty.

Last edited by Egorka; 01-26-2018 at 11:53 PM.

?

Gratitudes # 306, 311, 334, 336 issued to private YATSENKO MITROPHAN IL'ITCH, 1911.
    The veteran served in 2 battery, 1159 howitzer artillery regiment, 173 howitzer artillery brigade. He was awarded Bravery medal # 2420258 (For the action on 20.04.45 in Hungary).

?

Gratitude 372 (For excellent combat actions against Japanese in Far East) issued to Jr. Lt. VAVILOV Philip Nikitovich.
    Signed by Major FILIMONOV, the commander of 455 close range bomber regiment, 12 air army.
    The gratitude is printed by the typography of the "Soviet aviator" newspaper.

I could not find who VAVILOV was exactly - a pilot or ground technical personnel. But I found he was born in 1921 and was awarded OPWII in 1985.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast