Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

"Gratitude" Certificates

Article about: "Gratitude" Documents of Guards to Red Army Man (Private) Ivan Pavlovichu Krukovu: - Gratitude to the participant of fight beyond Danube: For excellent operations at speeding up of

?

A little unusual designed gratitude to Captain CHEREPANOV VENIAMIN IVANOVICH for capture of towns Madiarovar and Kremnitsa.
    Captain CHEREPANOV served as the head of the supply train of 99 rifle division.

"Gratitude" Certificates

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Gratitude" Certificates
    P
    Many

A most interesting thread.

I have only a few in my collection:-

The first measures 8"x12" (approx.), whilst the second and third measure 6"x8" (approx.). The third is in really poor state, and is pasted to what appears to be the back of a radio/TV listing!

Any translations would be much appreciated (though am I correct in the second concerning the breakthrough of the Defense of Western Kovel?).

Regards,

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Gratitude" Certificates   "Gratitude" Certificates  

"Gratitude" Certificates  

These are very interesting and intriguing documents..

Thank you everyone for sharing them

Smitty

?

Quote by Moonraker View Post
    A most interesting thread.
    I have only a few in my collection:-
    The first measures 8"x12" (approx.), whilst the second and third measure 6"x8" (approx.). The third is in really poor state, and is pasted to what appears to be the back of a radio/TV listing!
    Any translations would be much appreciated (though am I correct in the second concerning the breakthrough of the Defense of Western Kovel?).
    Regards,
    Paul
    Hello Paul,
    The first and the last gratitudes are for the same man: private ERMAKOVICH PETR FEDOROVICH.
    Born 1919, he was a sapper serving in the 407 rifle regiment. FCM medal in Oct 1944, and Bravery y medal in May 1945.

The one in the middle is to Sgt. Major PRONCHAKOV FEDOR NIKONOVICH, 1922.
    He served primarily a platoon commander of the “commandant platoon” in 487 rifle regiment 143 rifle division, i.e. the platoon which primary task is to defend HQ, regiment commander and the banner.
    He had Bravery medal 1943, Red Star 1944, OPWII 1945.

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Hello Paul,
    The first and the last gratitudes are for the same man: private ERMAKOVICH PETR FEDOROVICH.
    Born 1919, he was a sapper serving in the 407 rifle regiment. FCM medal in Oct 1944, and Bravery y medal in May 1945.

The one in the middle is to Sgt. Major PRONCHAKOV FEDOR NIKONOVICH, 1922.
    He served primarily a platoon commander of the “commandant platoon” in 487 rifle regiment 143 rifle division, i.e. the platoon which primary task is to defend HQ, regiment commander and the banner.
    He had Bravery medal 1943, Red Star 1944, OPWII 1945.
    Many thanks indeed for the details, it certainly brings a fairly ordinary looking document to life.

Regards,

Paul

Yesterday I received this very interesting book dealing about all the Gratitude certicicates. It is in Russian with here and there some English. Even though not all is translated I still think this is a must for those who enjoy collecting these documents. The book is entitled "The citation of the Supreme Commander" and comes in A4 size. There is also a list with all numbered citations which makes it easy for collecting (some like to collect all different numbered citations f.e.). It serves me well and I think some of you will enjoy it too

"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates"Gratitude" Certificates

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17