"Gratitude" Documents of Guards to Red Army Man (Private) Ivan Pavlovichu Krukovu:
- Gratitude to the participant of fight beyond Danube: For excellent operations at speeding up of the Rába River and mastering by the cities of Chorno and Sharvar - important knots of the railways and strong strong points of defense of the Germans, covering ways to border of Austria, - to guards to Red Army man Krukov Ivan Pavlovichu by the order of Supreme commander in chief Marshal of Soviet Union of companion Stalin No. 314 from March 28th, 1945 it is officially thanked.
- Gratitude to the participant of fight for Vienna: For excellent operations on mastering of capital of Austria by the city of Vienna - strategically important knot of defense of the Germans, covering ways to southern borders of Germany, - to guards to Red Army man Krukovu Ivan Pavlovichu by the order of the Supreme commander in chief of the Marshal of Soviet Union of companion Stalin No. 334 from April 13th, 1945 it is officially thanked.
03-26-2015 12:33 PM
Gratitude Certificates for Senior Lieutenant/Captain Ya. T. Zubritskiy
Brest, July 28th, 1944
Gumbinnen, Khayl’sberg, & Fridland, January 19th, 21st, & 31st, 1945
Koenigsberg, March 29th, 1945
Berlin, May 2nd, 1945
Gratitude Certificates of Sergeant Ivan Afanasievich Pirozhnikov, Scout Reconnaissance, 903rd Mountain Rifle Sevastopol Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 2nd Class, Regiment:
- Taman Peninsula, October 9th, 1943
- Kerch’, April 11th, 1944
- Sevastopol, May 10th, 1944
- Carpathians, October 18th, 1944
- Mikhalovtse, November 26th, 1944
- Olomouc, May 8th, 1945
- Moravian Ostrava, April 30th, 1945
- Prešov & Košice, January 20th, 1945
Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!
Thank you, Adrian, just a small sampling of the different and seemingly infinite varieties of documents given out for the aforementioned operations. I would hope that other forum members would please post some additional examples from their collections!
Gratitude Certificates of of Captain (Medical Service) Roza Grigorievna Gindina
- dated June 20th, 1944 for entering at Western Bug River
- dated July 6th, 1944 for the Liberation of Kovel (Western Ukraine)
- #223 dated January 17th, 1945 for the Capture of Warsaw
- #270 dated February 14th, 1945 for the Capture of Scheidemuhl (Pila, Poland) an important point of the German Defense of the Pomeranian Region
- #359 dated May 2nd, 1945 for the Capture of Berlin
- #288 dated March 4th, 1945 for the breakthrough of the German Defense near Stargard and entering the Baltic seaside near Kohlberg
- #304 dated March 20th 1945 by the Capture of Altdamm and destroying the German defense on the right bank of the Oder River near Sczecin
- #342 dated April 25th, 1945 for surrounding Berlin
- #355 dated May 1st, 1945 for the Capture of Bradenburg
- #339 dated April 23rd, 1945 for the breakthrough of the German Defense on the West Bank of the Oder River
Last edited by Bill Garvy; 04-08-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Very nice , I have some examples unfortunately not always the same person but with different design
Thank you, Dom, I encourage you to post your examples. I would like to see them. There are so many different sizes and quite a variety of styles. The fact that so many survived the war and all this time is an even greater wonderment, some examples being well over seventy years old! I have a few more examples I intend on posting in the coming days.