Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Liberation of Korea document

Article about: Hello gentlemen, This weekend along with some WWII medal documents I also received this "Liberation of Korea" medal document. To be honest I have never hearth of this medal before

Default Liberation of Korea document

Hello gentlemen,

This weekend along with some WWII medal documents I also received this "Liberation of Korea" medal document. To be honest I have never hearth of this medal before and quality information online is also quite hard to find. So I hope you guys know a bit more about this medal? I only know how it looks by what I've found online but that is all info I have. And are these documents for this medal hard to find? Myself I have quite some Soviet (medal) documents in my collection but this is the very first time I encounter this document.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
    Marcel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liberation of Korea document
    P
    Many

?

This is a North Korean medal established 15.10.1948.
    It was used to decorate RKKA personnel for the war against Japan.

The veteran is TUSNOLOBOV VASILIY MOISEEVICH, 1915.
    During WW2, he was a signals Company commander in the 7 Guards Bomber regiment.

Also, I think, this is a temporary medal document, which should had been replaced with another permanent document.

Thanks a lot for the additional information. Didn't knew it was a Korean medal, I thought it was Soviet because the document is in Cyrillic.
    So it was for the war against Japan from 1945? And only established several years later?

All the best,
    Marcel