Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Litchniy znak

Article about: In a reference book of Soviet militaria I read that the Litchniy znak should be an ID disc for lower rank soldiers. The description in this book gives me the idea that it should have the sam

Default Litchniy znak

In a reference book of Soviet militaria I read that the Litchniy znak should be an ID disc for lower rank soldiers. The description in this book gives me the idea that it should have the same function as the black bakelite holder or the krasnoarmeyskaya knizka.
    In my opinion the Litchniy znak is a kind of "leave disc". Given to soldiers who were allowed to leave the barracks or the front.

Recently I come in the possession of a Litchniy znak. Can someone explain the abbreviations on the disc? I do not come further than the top line "личный знак" (Litchniy znak).

Litchniy znak

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Litchniy znak
    P
    Many

Hi,
    ID disc???
    Regards.
    Philippe

Quote by Philippe View Post
    Hi,
    ID disc???
    Regards.
    Philippe
    The Litchniy znak should be an identification tag, a so called "dog tag" for lower rank soldiers.

See also this old topic; "Licznyj znak" .

The reference book where I got my information from; 'The Soviet Soldier of WW2', a uniform and equipment reference... - Books . Description of the Litchniy znak on page 22.

Here regulation presenting the Litchniy znak.
    Litchniy znakLitchniy znak

?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    In a reference book of Soviet militaria I read that the Litchniy znak should be an ID disc for lower rank soldiers. The description in this book gives me the idea that it should have the same function as the black bakelite holder or the krasnoarmeyskaya knizka.
    In my opinion the Litchniy znak is a kind of "leave disc". Given to soldiers who were allowed to leave the barracks or the front.

Recently I come in the possession of a Litchniy znak. Can someone explain the abbreviations on the disc? I do not come further than the top line "личный знак" (Litchniy znak).

Litchniy znak
    Пульвзвод means Machine gun platoon,
    С.П. means Rifle regiment.

Both thanks for your response. Based on your responses the Litchniy znak is surely a dog tag.
    But my Litchniy znak does not contain a name of a soldier like the description of the regulations above. Is the number 29 not too short for a service number?
    What about the 3rd Rifle regiment? To what army was this classified?

3rd rifle regiment is part of the 106th Rifle Division, formed 28 August 1941. It was dissolved several times during the war and then reformed (3 times).

?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Both thanks for your response. Based on your responses the Litchniy znak is surely a dog tag.
    But my Litchniy znak does not contain a name of a soldier like the description of the regulations above. Is the number 29 not too short for a service number?
    What about the 3rd Rifle regiment? To what army was this classified?
    Look at the page which was shown by Philippe:

Litchniy znak

Having read the clarification below the picture I've understood that there must be a number of company, a number of regiment and the personal number of soldier ("...for it's the number of a man") and nothing more. No info about an army.

It's obvious. The Russian terms and abbreviations are sometimes difficult to decipher. Fortunately, there are people at this forum who can translate/explain it.
    On Internet I found this glossary of Russian military abbriviations. Perhaps it is useful for other forum members; https://www.fas.org/irp/world/russia...l-glossary.pdf .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast