Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My visit with the soviet navy

Article about: Hi all, I dug out some items I acquired when two soviet navy ships came to visit the base at Norfolk Virginia, it was either late 80's or early 90's and since I had family in the navy I was

Default My visit with the soviet navy

Hi all,
    I dug out some items I acquired when two soviet navy ships came to visit the base at Norfolk Virginia, it was either late 80's or early 90's and since I had family in the navy I was allowed to go onboard as they were willing hosts and very excited to interact with americans, they showed me all around, and even had a band playing on deck, it was a very exciting day, everyone who went onboard also signed a keepsake book, (im assuming it was for the ship captain) alot of trading and bartering was going on, I didnt have much to trade but one sailor did like my swatch watch, so after some confusing looks and a few smiles he got my watch and I got a soviet hat pin, and a neckerchief, I displayed these items along with a pamphlet and a photo of me and the sailor I traded with....I always wondered where that watch ended up lol. hope you enjoy the photos and the story!
    My visit with the soviet navyMy visit with the soviet navyMy visit with the soviet navyMy visit with the soviet navyMy visit with the soviet navyMy visit with the soviet navy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My visit with the soviet navy
    P
    Many