Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RKKA Soldier's book with shrapnel damage?

Article about: Hello, I recently acquired these two documents: a RKKA soldier's book and a document for exemption of military service to Jakov Kondratevic (?) Berbushenko. He was born in 1919 in Ukraine, a

Default RKKA Soldier's book with shrapnel damage?

Hello,

I recently acquired these two documents: a RKKA soldier's book and a document for exemption of military service to Jakov Kondratevic (?) Berbushenko.
    He was born in 1919 in Ukraine, and joined the RKKA in 1939. He served in the 208 Rifle Regiment. On 16 February 1942 he was heavily wounded in his left leg, and in 1943 discharged from the army. He survived the war and received the Order of Patriotic War 1st Class in 1985.
    When looking at his soldier's book: could it be damaged by shrapnel?

Could someone help me translating the bit of text on page 6?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKKA Soldier's book with shrapnel damage?
    P
    Many

Between 1939 and 1941 served as cavalryman with 24th cavalry div. 1941-1943 (assistant?) commander of rifle platoon in 208 reserve rifle regiment (usually soldier were sent to reserve regiments before being sent to actual combat units). Invalid after being wounded in 1943.
    Unfortunately rest is not really understandsble for me as my Russian is poor ��
    Anyway, hope it helps just a bit.
    Regards
    Jacob

?

Hello!
    I don't think that is shrapnel damage.

Yes, indeed, the 208 rifle regiment was a RESERVE regiment. The stamp on the very last page indicates, that BERBUSHENKO was treated with anti tetanus medicine in the hospital of 208 reserve rifle regiment. The day of the treatment is given as 02.02.1942. That is before the date of wound - 16.02.1942.

It does not directly say he was "invalid" - war disabled. It says: "Discharged on the grounds of being wounded 1942".
    Then the text reads: "The service in the army is recorded based on the discharge document, which was issued by town Prilutsk military commissariat on 15.03.1943"

?

Hello!
    I don't think that is shrapnel damage.
    Are you showing all the pages in both documents? Are some pages missing?

Yes, indeed, the 208 rifle regiment was a RESERVE regiment. The stamp on the very last page indicates, that BERBUSHENKO was treated with anti tetanus medicine in the hospital of 208 reserve rifle regiment. The day of the treatment is given as 02.02.1942. That is before the date of wound - 16.02.1942.

It does not directly say he was "invalid" - war disabled. It says: "Discharged on the grounds of being wounded 1942".
    Then the text reads: "The service in the army is recorded based on the discharge document, which was issued by town Prilutsk military commissariat on 15.03.1943"