Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian ID of some sort....

Article about: What do they actually call this thing? I tried searching with terms like "WWII Soviet ID book", but never could find anything that looked like it. It appears to be real, and I was

Seanpmc1
    ?

Default Russian ID of some sort....

What do they actually call this thing? I tried searching with terms like "WWII Soviet ID book", but never could find anything that looked like it.

It appears to be real, and I was told it was from WWII. Pretty small, I put the Badge in the photo to illustrate the size of the booklet. Whoever he was, he seems to have been fairly active during the War.

I was able to find info on the Badge. It appears to be a 40th anniversary re-issue because the manufacturers mark on the back is cast-in, rather than stamped.

I had to use photoshop to increase the contrast. Most of the blue ink is faded so badly you can barely read it. The pictures are around 800 pixels in size to make it easier to read them, but compression still blurred them a little bit. The page with the three big Stamps on it looks like it might be the most interesting one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian ID of some sort....   Russian ID of some sort....  

Russian ID of some sort....   Russian ID of some sort....  

2. # ADS

Seanpmc1
    ?

Default Re: Russian ID of some sort....

The guy I bought this from did send a note saying that this ID was issued to "Shukin, Andrei Dmitrievitch, and that he was a commander of an artillery piece. Thats all I know about it.

Roman Slivin
    ?

This identification card of the Red Army man.
    Shuchin A.D. Was active participant WW2.
    It really served in artillery and ordered a gun crew.
    As it was in the Soviet-Finnish war and was the skier-scout.

Seanpmc1
    ?

Thanks Roman.

And thanks as well to Evgeny, who took the time to send me a full translation by email. He wasn't able to read all of it, but he was able to read most of it.

As for the other Russians on this forum who chose to ignore my request for a translation, why do you even bother to be here if you aren't willing to help? Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about? If you needed something in English translated, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Thanks again to Evgeny and Roman. I collect small things like this from all sides of WWII, and I appreciate knowing a little bit about the person whom this booklet belonged to.

Quote by Seanpmc1 View Post
    As for the other Russians on this forum who chose to ignore my request for a translation, why do you even bother to be here if you aren't willing to help? Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about? If you needed something in English translated, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.
    I am pleased that you got the info that you were looking for. So that is a sucess for you. But please don't attack people for not replying. Not everyone is confident enough in a foriegn language to do translation work.

Cheers, Ade.

Seanpmc1
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am pleased that you got the info that you were looking for. So that is a sucess for you. But please don't attack people for not replying. Not everyone is confident enough in a foriegn language to do translation work.

Cheers, Ade.

My initial reaction was caused by the fact that I had asked about that booklet on a couple of other websites and was basically accused of "spamming" in an attempt to sell it. I don't generally sell the stuff I collect.

Since there are several Russian speaking members here that seem to speak English well enough, I assumed I was getting the same treatment I had gotten elsewhere. If I offended anyone by that outburst, I apologize.

Roman Slivin
    ?

Quote by Seanpmc1 View Post
    My initial reaction was caused by the fact that I had asked about that booklet on a couple of other websites and was basically accused of "spamming" in an attempt to sell it. I don't generally sell the stuff I collect.

Since there are several Russian speaking members here that seem to speak English well enough, I assumed I was getting the same treatment I had gotten elsewhere. If I offended anyone by that outburst, I apologize.
    Unfortunately my English absolutely bad...
    I would help more, but not always I can make a text correct translation.

Roman Slivin
    ?

Surname it will be correct - Щукин/Schukin

Seanpmc1
    ?

Quote by Roman Slivin View Post
    Unfortunately my English absolutely bad...
    I would help more, but not always I can make a text correct translation.

Your English is a lot better than my Russian... ;-) You have the right words, they're just in the wrong order. I can still understand what you are trying to say though.

"I would help more, but I can not always translate text correctly"

Thats kind of like Spanish. They say "Frijoles Rojo" which literally translated to English would be "Beans Red". An English speaker would say "Red Beans".

Roman Slivin
    ?

Russian speak too "Red Beans".
    But to me to speak Spanish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast