Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Some help with Soviet Identification Card

Article about: Could someone please help me out and just give me general idea about this identification. Just to point me in some direction as to any significance about it or exactly what it is? I am new a

?

Default Some help with Soviet Identification Card

Could someone please help me out and just give me general idea about this identification. Just to point me in some direction as to any significance about it or exactly what it is? I am new at this of course and I'd love to have some help interpreting some parts of this - anything at all would be extremely helpful and I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some help with Soviet Identification Card   Some help with Soviet Identification Card  

Some help with Soviet Identification Card   Some help with Soviet Identification Card  

Some help with Soviet Identification Card   Some help with Soviet Identification Card  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some help with Soviet Identification Card
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some help with Soviet Identification Card

Hi, it is a Red Army Military ID book, a "Voenny Bilet". It is a dual language edition from 1946 and is written in both Latvian and Russian. (Russian on the right hand page). Your man, born in 1901, joined up in 1948. Bottom of page nine gives his height, head size, gas mask size etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Just out of curiousity, why did they bother to enlist a 47 year old man after the war?

?

It's written in latvian. Red Army Military book. Born 1901 valid only as soldier.Was in Latvia national army from 1921-1922. In battles have not take a participation.