Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some Interesting Photos

Article about: These are some I've saved over the years. First this young man who is definitely armed and dangerous. Look at the way his F-1 grenades are attached to the belt. Almost as if he has pushed th

Default Some Interesting Photos

These are some I've saved over the years.

First this young man who is definitely armed and dangerous. Look at the way his F-1 grenades are attached to the belt. Almost as if he has pushed the pins through the holes in his belt or passed the belt through the rings so he can prime them 1 handed.
    Also he appears to have tied 1 RGD 33 on with string.
    He must have made one hell of a noise on the move. Every time I look at this one I can't help but smile, then think "You're scratching the Nagant!!!"
    overarmed.jpg
    From Forgottenweapons.com

In a very nice pre-43 trench complex with a Bren gun.
    17.jpg

A fantastic action shot of a seemingly happy red army man firing a panzerfaust (incorrectly?) at something close-up. You really see the immense blast from firing, wouldn't want to shoot one from in a building, I might lose my tashe. Incredible to think that later on some tubes were made of cardboard.
    19.jpg

Some poor souls dead in their foxholes. Look at the liner of the nearest man's helmet. What is it???
    Mosin Nagant - WWII Russian Dead In Trench.jpg

Probably a posed photograph but do you think women soldiers were actually issued captured K98s when times were hard?
    33.jpg

A ladies left side button-up telogrieka?
    stalingrad29.jpg

Underfire outside what appears to be a bunker.
    wsrgyjkl;.jpg

A PTRS ? team in Stalingrad.
    Stalingrad 1942 (7).jpg

K98 T34 trophy.
    Stalingrad 1942 (12).jpg

Grenades anyone? Once again Stalingrad. I think the closest soldier will get a nasty surprise when he tries to bend over, hopefully he didn't get a wound badge.
    Is that a Telemine in front of the machinegunner?
    german-assault-tem-ready-for-attack-stalingrad.jpg

A cat in the Stalingrad factory district that the Russians used to tie propaganda to and send to the Germans. If I remember the 'story' correctly they sent if off at least 7 times and each time he came back with no papers, the Germans were probably glad for the cuddle and something to burn.
    propaganda cat.jpg

1 man tank in Stalingrad.
    Stalingrad 1942 (13).jpg

A very muffled choir.
    Garmon_v_protivogaz.jpg

Now I see I've been up all night on the forum, oh well, well worth it.

Default Re: Some Interesting Photos

These are great photos mate, thanks for sharing them.

?

Some very good photos there thanks for sharing I love looking at these types of snaps..Cheers Terry.

Walking up on that t34 would be scary enough as infantry but seeing the k98 tied to it probably increased the fear factor, and if I was in the battle of Stalingrad and rations were low I do not think I would send the cat back... jk

Thanks chaps.

Some more from my Stalingrad collection. (I might make a proper research thread at some point, but that will take a while)

Camel removal service. This resident appears to be returning to whatever is left of his home. He is passing the ruins of the No.1 Train Station (see the water tower), to the left (out of shot) is the famous Barmaley Fountain (crocodile and the children) and behind the photographer is the Tsaritsyn museum.
    watertower and camel.jpg

The entrance to the Red October Steel Plant.
    What's left of the sign says.
    'Stalingrad
    Metallurgical 1N Order....
    Plant Red...'
    red october sign.jpg

Premature Drapeage. In a foreshadowing of later events. A German soldier constructs a makeshift plumbing flag pole to raise the Swastika over Fallen Heroes 'Red' Square from the 3rd floor of the Univermag Department Store (later Paulus' HQ), probably around October 1942.
    corner bulding Flag.jpg

Mix and Match. 2 very pleased be-medalled Russian soldiers from opposite ends of the USSR at Stalingrad wearing both collar types. (Post February 1943)
    weapon_ppd40_2.jpg

?

great photos

?

The girls in the posed picture appear to be using Polish WZ29 rifles with the wrong straight-handeled bolts in them...JMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I found some more.

I don't know what's going on at this airfield but the men on the left seem to be smiling, 2 almost look like twins.
    1_002.jpg

What appears to be a partisan child soldier with his comrades carrying a DT machinegun and what look like captured MG08/15s.
    9.jpg

Turks with their SS fezzes. (Note to self. Never Google 'fezes' again)
    13.jpg

Early Russian AA defences. A large group of snipers trying to shoot down a plane 1943.
    s_w38_waru0431.jpg

A soviet defector with his old uniform but stripped of insignia. Caucasus.
    battleforthecauc001-21.jpg

Acrobats on top a T34/85 perform to packed crowds.
    unseen-world-war-2-photos-51.jpg

Don't sneeze!
    Lenin-Nazi.jpg

Quote by zwerge View Post
    The girls in the posed picture appear to be using Polish WZ29 rifles with the wrong straight-handeled bolts in them...JMHO.
    The womens rifles are Czech VZ24's which makes a little more sense than K98's. The straight bolt and sight hood are the giveaway.

They are all cracking photo's though and that first bloke is only a Shashka away from being a Russian Armoury, although having said that, he'll have a job firing his PPSh with those mittens on!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast