Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?

Article about: Hi - these came to me with a lot, a lot from a former prisoners papers from Dachau. I have his I.D.'s and other items that are in English and of course understandable. I was wondering if any

?

Default Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?

Hi - these came to me with a lot, a lot from a former prisoners papers from Dachau. I have his I.D.'s and other items that are in English and of course understandable. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify these papers and their relevance - if any. There were not too many items that were left over from this man so I figured these must contain some sort of significance, Any help i identifying these would be very helpful and I would be grateful for assistance. I also included one his documents in English.

Thank you - Edward
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?   Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?  

Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Documents - Holocaust/Dachau?

You unearthed an interesting piece of post-war history. I can tell you the top paper and middle paper are both in Ukrainian language. It was written in July of 1949. I will translate it for you but I'll need time, so check back in a week or so. The second paper that has hand written writing looks like a payment voucher or more like an invoice. In fact, it does say 'payments' on it. The final document is the ID card issued by the International Information Office at Dachau. The man is Stec Wasyl born 1st Oct. 1923 from Wola Nizna, a village in south-eastern Poland (southeast of Krakow) and close to the border with Slovakia. The International Information Office was set-up by the US Govt. at Dachau and they distributed rations to camp survivors. They also gave out money and clothing. The role of these offices is described in the book, "Legacies of Dachau: The Uses and Abuses of a Concentration Camp" by Harold Marcuse. Thanks for showing these!

We all look forward to your translations Bill...

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Here is a translation for the telegram paper. This was provided to me by a friend who reads Ukrainian.

"League of Ukrainian Political Prisoners

Esteemed Mr. Stets.

Yesterday we sent you money which we hope you have already received.

Today we are sending you a new form for your remaining claims for compensation. Also we are sending you information on compensation and instructions on the filling out of this form.

We recommend that you put in order all your documents regarding compensation before your departure to avoid any problem with formalities outside of Europe.

Mainly this concerns confirmation of the time of your stay in the territory of the American zone and of your medical care. All of these affairs are contained in the instructions we sent to you.

Please send 3 copies of the filled out form for further processing.

Seal Of The ______________________ (illegible).
    Secretary Hauen"

One more mention about that telegram/letter; it was written in the town of Munich, Germany and at an office on Dachauer Strasse, 9. This is evidenced by the line that reads below the heading, "League of Ukrainian Political Prisoners".