Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet soldiers book

Article about: I collect mainly British & Commonwealth Soldiers Service & Pay Books but I wanted a few examples from other countries so picked up this example about a year ago - I'm hoping someone

?

Default Soviet soldiers book

Soviet soldiers book
    Soviet soldiers book
    Soviet soldiers book
    Soviet soldiers book
    Soviet soldiers book
    Soviet soldiers book

I collect mainly British & Commonwealth Soldiers Service & Pay Books but I wanted a few examples from other countries so picked up this example about a year ago - I'm hoping someone can help with translation/explanation of the entries and maybe some help on his unit and its actions.

Thanks in advance

Alistair

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet soldiers book
    P
    Many

Soldier Book dated December 25th, 1942 issued to Private Petr Mikhailovich Mokryy (Мокрый), born 1920 in Kharkov Ukraine, 8 years of education, an accountant, married, Faina Trofimovna, who was born in Stalingrad. Inducted December 22nd, 1942, Pallasovsky Enlistment Office. His military specialty number, 134, indicates completion of basic training. He served in the 378th Reserve Rifle Regiment, 19th Brigade, 9th Rifle Squad. It appears he was killed in action September 3rd, 1943.

?

Thanks for the extra info, I wasn't expecting to find he had been killed, the seller hadn't mentioned it and it came with a photo dated 1945, but the same seller has listed a few books and they pretty much all seem to come with a photo so I had my suspicions that there may be an element of pairing up bits for effect.

Thanks again

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    He served in the 378th Reserve Rifle Regiment, 19th Brigade, 9th Rifle Squad. It appears he was killed in action September 3rd, 1943.
    Do you have any more information on where this Regiment was at that time? also what Division they were in - I've tried a fair bit of googling in but Red Army regiments seem to have been renamed and reformed so I'm stuggling

Thanks

Alistair