Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988

Article about: Hi Guys, this superb album came into work and I thought that I would share it with you here. He was quite a talented artist. Cheers, Ade.

Default Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988

Hi Guys, this superb album came into work and I thought that I would share it with you here.

He was quite a talented artist.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988   Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988  

Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988   Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988
    P
    Many

Very Nice, something I have never seen before a Soviet photo album, I would imagine these are very rare.

Hi Robin, thanks.

I have not seen one like this before either. Just uploading the rest of the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988   Soviet soldiers photo album DDR 1988  

A very nice item, thanks for sharing. Note the pictures of western-world pop stars and, best of all, the "Rambo III" poster art (4th picture in the first post).

The latter in particular is not exactly expected in a photo album from a Soviet soldier!

?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Very Nice, something I have never seen before a Soviet photo album, I would imagine these are very rare.
    It's not a rare thing in the USSR.
    It's "dembelskiy album" and every soldier had prepared it to the end of his 2-year service.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A very nice item, thanks for sharing. Note the pictures of western-world pop stars and, best of all, the "Rambo III" poster art (4th picture in the first post).

The latter in particular is not exactly expected in a photo album from a Soviet soldier!
    I remember those years and I'll try to explain. The story of Rambo-3 was too untruthful and propaganda oriented, so it was a bit difficult to identify ourselves with those "bad-bad-Russians" we have seen on the screen. So Rambo was rather just a cool movie guy, a fairy tale hero but not our serious enemy. That's why you can see him in a row with Madonna, Jackson and Springsteen in this album. It's only a picture.

?

Amazing scrapbooks! Cheers... Ade!

Default Photo album

Very interesting album. This Soviet soldier has served in East Germany in a memorable year (1989). It was the year that the Berlin Wall fell.
    The small photo cards of Western artists in the album can be explained. The album shows that the Soviet soldier had visited East Berlin, capital of the former GDR.
    Most Western tourists (like me) who came to Berlin at that time visited both sides of the divided city. In East Berlin it was possible for Soviet soldiers to meet Western tourists. For these Soviet soldiers it was a game to get a Western souvenir of them. This souvenir could be a sticker or a key ring of a Western brand, a ballpoint pen, a (Marlboro) cigarette or a photo card of a Western artist like Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen or Kylie Minogue!
    These simple Western things were not available in shops in the former Eastern bloc. People in the East mostly got these things from Western tourists who were visiting their country. I can remember that a ballpoint pen was absolutely a favorite for these Soviet soldiers. I think this is the way of how the Soviet soldier got this Western photo cards.

Attachment 989471

Nice details are the pictures were the Soviet soldiers are photographed in front of Western cars. For them these Western cars were an attraction. One of these cars looks like a 80's model of the Opel Ascona or the Record. The cars could be from West Germans who were visiting there family in the GDR.

This album is up for auction on Aug 22nd.

Cheers, Ade,