Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Translation Needed

Article about: Hello. So for the past couple of months, I have been trying to track down my great-uncle who served in the red army during WWII, when he was just 17 or 18. My grandmother has told me that he

Exclamation Translation Needed

Hello. So for the past couple of months, I have been trying to track down my great-uncle who served in the red army during WWII, when he was just 17 or 18. My grandmother has told me that he sadly was killed in action, and I believe that I have found a document of his feat on podvignaroda.ru, but the problem is, I speak Russian, but I cannot read or write it, so I would love if someone can translate it for me, so then I can see if it is truly him or not. I believe that it is him because it says that he joined in 1943, and was born in 1925, and 1943-1925 = 18, which is just 1 off from what my grandma said (so I am guessing that she just got the age wrong). Thank you for all of the information/help!

P.S - If you would like to know his name, it is Игнатьев Анатолий Алексеевич.

Translation Needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation Needed
    P
    Many

I sent my Father this image, and to summarize, it said: "During heavy fighting, comrade Ignatiev took his machine gun and shot at incoming airplanes, while under heavy fire, showing great feats of heroism. Because of his heroism, he set an example for his fellow soldiers in his platoon" (The other soldiers saw it and followed, in a sense). I have come to the conclusion that this is my Great-Uncle, because the other "Игнатьев Анатолий Алексеевич" did not have a date of death like I thought it did (It said 'Date of Feat: 1943', and I thought that since this Ignatiev person "had" a date of death and the other one "didn't", then that must have had been him), so now I know that this has to be him, because the age perfectly fits his description. It feels good to finally "find" him, if that makes any sense. It also is really cool to read about something that he did during the Great Patriotic War, and to know that he got a medal for his actions. (He got the 'Za Otvagu'/For Bravery medal)

Hi, sorry for posting a lot on this (almost instantly after I posted another reply to this thread), but I now have new information. According to Podvig Naroda, he served in the 55th regiment of air defense. Hopefully, I can find another picture of him in a group photo, or what battles they partook in.

?

This citation was signed by the regiment commander on 30 May 1945, i.e. after the end of the war in Europe.
    There were of cause still some casualties after 9 May, but relatively few. So maybe this is not your great uncle anyway, huh?

Yeah, probably not, now that you said that.