MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

YBB soldbuch

Article about: Does anyone have a copy of, or photographs of the German issued "Soldbuch" documents for the YBB units? One of my sub-impressions is one of the Ukrainian Red Army troops captured d

Default YBB soldbuch

Does anyone have a copy of, or photographs of the German issued "Soldbuch" documents for the YBB units?

One of my sub-impressions is one of the Ukrainian Red Army troops captured during Operation Barbarossa, and forced to fight for the Axis forces on the western front. As such, I am looking for what the soldier ID booklet looked like.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Boridin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement YBB soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: YBB soldbuch

I am certain they used dual language examples. I have seen one before but I cannot recall where now.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: YBB soldbuch

Ade;

I know of a repop for the ROA booklet, and you are quite correct it (the originals) were issued in dual, or even multi lingual versions. Unlike the ROA, which was primarily White Russians (IE anti Communists), the YBB were captured Red Army Ukrainian troops, given the choice to put on an Axis uniform, or die right then. I have never seen an original YBB booklet, but I have been told that the ID booklets were issued in German, Russian, and Ukrainian. Most of the YBB troops were sent to France, and Belgium, as the Germans didn't trust them to not go back to the Red Army as soon as practicable.

Boridin

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am certain they used dual language examples. I have seen one before but I cannot recall where now.

Cheers, Ade.