Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union

Article about: I am trying to solve a few complicated questions regarding equipment used by our 2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union. Especially, on the below mentioned pictures yo

Default 2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union

I am trying to solve a few complicated questions regarding equipment used by our 2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union. Especially, on the below mentioned pictures you can see some strange equipment as backpack, cover for kotelok and another fabric holsters or small bags what I have not seen before. One is clear the origin of all these equipment is from Soviet Union. Our airborne brigade was equipped with these items in 1943 or in 1944. E.g. in the list of equipment you can see a few records as "torba parasutna" what means in English something like backpack fro paratroopers or paratroopers´backpack or rucksack. Also you can clearly see that in the right holster or small back what is connected to belt there is stored "kotelok". Does anybody here have any idea or information about the mentioned equipment. Please help me.

2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union

Default Re: 2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union

Ni,
    Mot easy to answer you, unfortunately the pictures are not accurate ..
    There are similarities with Combat engineers pouch, can be as M41 Bread Bag Infantry, but no certainties.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Default Re: 2nd Independent Czechoslovak Airborne Brigade in Soviet Union

Yes, this is the reason why I am asking. It is really not so easy. But from my point of view the infantry bread bag obr. 1941 is smaller as this backpack. Also what is important to know the webbing (harness) of the concerned backpack is really very close to Y strap webbing (prigonka) used by RKKA soldiers. Does anybody have any pictures of Red Army Airborne Units in 1944 and 1945 because that time of WWII they were more used as light infantry (just ground operations) as regular paratroopers. E.g. in Slovakia fought two divisions 6th Guard and 4th Guard Airborne Divisions. MAy be we can find on those pictures or at the others some similarities. But I am not sure.