Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, Here for your considerations and opinions: My display of a 1970's Bulgarian soldier. While putting him together I had some difficulty finding online references to as

Default Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display

Hello fellow collectors,

Here for your considerations and opinions: My display of a 1970's Bulgarian soldier.

While putting him together I had some difficulty finding online references to assist me in researching this era. I may have made some mistakes but it is my understanding that the display is relatively accurate. In any case I hope that this thread may help others who have interest.

This soldier has the standard issue Summer uniform; cap, pants and tunic appear un-issued. Leather belt has the coat of arms. Standard issue Bulgarian AK47 bayonet and Makarov Holster. The large leather pouches are Eastern Block manufactured two cell pouches for the Ak47: I think these pouches may be Romanian made but can't clarify this. This soldier has a M36 helmet with post war refurbishment on the internals. The camo helmet cover entered service during the late 1970's or early 80's, I can not find a good source to confirm this though. The bread bag is Bulgarian issue.

Can any member help me regarding what the correct boots for this era look like? I have had some trouble. The boots on this soldeir are Australian made 1970's era and look ok until I can find the correct item. Many thanks for looking

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions   Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions  

Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions   Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions  

Last edited by christek; 02-27-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Default More pics

With helmet, gas mask and entrenching tool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions   Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions  

Great display, i love the helmet cover!...

the display looks great chris ,youve put a lot of time and research into it ,as for the splinter /raindrop pattern helmet cover i believe it was first introduced in 1979 , i have my cover fitted to an m51/72 but it does also fit my m36 well too the frogskin camo is also a nice addition if you can find any but i think it was only used by certain units ,thanks for showing ,james
    Regards James

Thanks for the kind comments James.
    I now have a pair of East German jackboots on the display and they look quite good.
    Regarding the camo, I agree and am currently looking for something like this;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions  

donovan37343
    ?

So here is a quick question. what color undershirt did they use with this uniform. Along side additional research I've used this post as a huge reference. Any ideas?

Thanks!

?

Nice display! I was interested in the last picture from your post -what kind of holster or pouch is this? I have never seen such?
    And As James C pointed corectly camo covers are typical fora bit later period - mid 80-ties. If I can help you with some BG kom era surplus or Info - don,t hesistate to contact!
    Here is one picture with me in first pattern camo suit (dated inside with stamp 1953)Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinionsBulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions

?

Quote by donovan37343 View Post
    So here is a quick question. what color undershirt did they use with this uniform. Along side additional research I've used this post as a huge reference. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    I think they use this smock upon a regular uniform -in winter time braun wool in summer stnadart light green as shown above by Christek
    under the uniform they wore white underwear symilar to ww2 types..I have some )

Quote by donovan37343 View Post

Thanks!
    I am very glad this post has been of use! Sorry I have not viewed this one for a while!

Yes on the same lines as what Pereto has already stated. In my research I can find no official or standard issue 'undershirt' for the mid/late Cold War era Bulgarian Summer pullover smock. If the need arisen I would imagine a standard soviet style singlet would have been worn underneath. I can fit into this stuff and the smock is quite comfortable on the skin!

I believe this holster is for the Bulgarian manufactured Makarov pistol. This model can be identified (on most of the weapons) marked by the number 10, as the Soviets classed the Bulgarian factories as location '10'. The weapon is standard issue for the Bulgarian armed forces and also for their local police.

Attached Images Attached Images Bulgarian Soldier 1970's era Display for opinions 

?

Right, but stamp "10" in cyrcle stands for factory number 10 which was former State Military Fectory in town of Kazanlak (from the pre 1945 period with abriviation "ДВФ") or present day "Arsenal" firm. Other plants had diferent numeral codes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast