Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find

Article about: Soviet designed Cezch Flare military surpus pistol made 1968,came with 7 flares,some are "red rain" cartriges,(bet those are cool)kind of a neat collectable.Paid 100.00 at a small

Default Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find

Soviet designed Cezch Flare military surpus pistol made 1968,came with 7 flares,some are "red rain" cartriges,(bet those are cool)kind of a neat collectable.Paid 100.00 at a small gunshop for the gun, pouch and flares.Anyway the flares are 5.00 each so not something you would shoot much.Be good for emergency situations to carry in the car or camping,this is in amazing 99% condition,all steel flare pistol with bakelite red grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find   Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find  

Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find   Cezch Flare gun,"red rain" find  

Last edited by Toecutter; 01-12-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Looks quite sleek, nice one! I reckon I'd get myself into trouble with one of these!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-12-2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added text

Nice pick up Toecutter; for a good price. I need a gunshop near me like you have. Another nice find.
    John

Thanks Rene and John!Dont know what it would do to a intruder but doubt they would hang around long,definatly scare the heck out of a bear or other predator that invades your campsite.Rene I know what you mean about getting into trouble,shooting it off at night might bring a lot of unwanted attention!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 01-12-2019 at 06:35 PM.

It is worth shooting a couple of flares. The size is the same as modern made flares. It is fun to do, just do not do it in a dry area. I shoot them on new years every year but there is snow over. They do not always go vertical. I am sure the neighbors shake their heads but it is pretty neat and I have not been driven out of the neighborhood as of yet.
    John

MAP
    ?

If more flares are available, I would DEFINATELY give it a go (and as John says....only if it won't start a fire somewhere).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Rene and John!Dont know what it would do to a person at close range but doubt it would be pretty,definatly scare the heck out of a bear or other predator that invades your campsite..I am not ordering the adapter as it would make it a handgun and am sure you would need a special license to have it and am not buying that.Rene I know what you mean about getting into trouble,shooting it off at night might bring a lot of unwanted attention!
    Cheers Eric, Well I think I'm just lucky they don't make cartridges for this bugger any more

Thanks guys,need to be careful, dont want to start a fire.I found a site has these flares,box of 10 for 35.00,thats still pretty pricey!Rene that is a cool looking old flare gun,what caliber is it?

Not sure but the barrel diameter is 33mm

I am not aware of 33mm flares, this shoots 26.5mm,they would be a little small I imagine to work in your gun,would have some wiggle room but could work,they should load in it anyway!Maybe I will send you one!