Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

Article about: It's the same cotton-filled material which the Red Army introduced in WW2 (Telogreika), which was excellent against the cold - and possibly was more fire-poof... QUOTE=Scout;937204]Nice find

very nice fabe and very similar if not the same as there soviet counterparts ive seen red army troops wearing these uniforms during stalingrad seige ,nice find

?

new pick-ups:

Late 1950s - early 1960s "MAHART" ( see: MAHART Passnave )
    sailer officers' cap - size 56.
    It's not military, but still is a nice hat...

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

Here's the military version (M1965) - as you can see, the same "logo" but a bit smaller and no red star on top - with M58 officers' badge - red star featured (gold):

Great collection Fabe ! you have some cool items , these need to be conserved for the enjoyment and interest of future generations....you can see the influence in many items from the old KuK Army in the old Austro-Hungarian Empire days ! (especially the visor caps).........keep it up !
    Prost !Steve.

?

Superb thread - can't understand why I have not found it before! My late Father-in-law was Hungarian - left right at the end of 56, he was in Budapest at the time of the uprising, but later went home to Pecs & thought he was safe, but was then warned he was on a list, so had to get out, leaving family and everything overnight - hard for us to understand what it must have been like today.

We found this photo after he passed away - he is far right (so to speak!)

Have been to Hungary a couple of times now and going back in the summer - would like to add a few Hungarian items to my collection, but have seen very little there - any tips on looking for militaria there?

?

cool photo...should be around 1950-56 - with everyone wearing the new M50 helmets, exept the one on the far left...he's wearing the M47 - actually a repainted WW2 M35 German style Hungarian helmet.

I only know one mil. shop in Budapest, where you can get all kinds of WW2 + cold war medals, uniforms, stuff...no website, only a facebook page. there you can see the map also:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Istv%...22450044463486

Quote by NickW View Post
    Superb thread - can't understand why I have not found it before! My late Father-in-law was Hungarian - left right at the end of 56, he was in Budapest at the time of the uprising, but later went home to Pecs & thought he was safe, but was then warned he was on a list, so had to get out, leaving family and everything overnight - hard for us to understand what it must have been like today.

We found this photo after he passed away - he is far right (so to speak!)

Have been to Hungary a couple of times now and going back in the summer - would like to add a few Hungarian items to my collection, but have seen very little there - any tips on looking for militaria there?

?

THX Steve...lots of updates still comin' up...I spend too much money on this stuff.
    I still didn't show all the cold war medal and documents collection...

Quote by oradour View Post
    Great collection Fabe ! you have some cool items , these need to be conserved for the enjoyment and interest of future generations....you can see the influence in many items from the old KuK Army in the old Austro-Hungarian Empire days ! (especially the visor caps).........keep it up !
    Prost !Steve.

?

Thanks Fabe - will take a look at the link - an M50 helmet is definitely on my list - we took a trip from Budapest to a medieval church at Rakeve last year and passed a field full of aircraft, helicopters and military vehicles - we were told they belonged to a nearby military surplus shop, but they were closed - have tried to find them on the net to see when they are open.

Other than that we went to the big open air market on Sundays at Pecs - saw a few WWII relic bits - all very over-priced and not really my interests - some post war Hungarian bits of uniform and a couple of hats amongst the car-boot stalls, but mostly in very moth-eaten and poor condition - I did get a nice WWII Hungarian Trench Art shell case with the Kossuth arms on it though for about 25 euros.

?

UPDATE:

Hungarian M1987 "Bocskai" style airforce (mechanic's) summer field cap with early/mid 1990s officer's tri-color badge (gold) - feat. M87 "rába" camo - size 56:
    Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

...and this one is NOT cold war era technically, but I won't open another thread for my post 1990 stuff

Hungarian border-control field cap (VAM-ZOLL troops had/have this green stripe feature on grey) from the mid 1990s with a 1990s tri-color deputy officer's? badge (silver). I think these were used until 2000 - size 58:

very nice fabe and the rába camo is a nice design

?

updates:

M82 Hungarian military "sweat-shirt & sweat-pants" - unused, size 50 (seller's pics + a scan from my book of Hungarian military uniforms from 1956-1990):

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

ok, this is not "cold war" era but also just arrived: Hungarian 2000M border-guard green beret with "scout" insignia, made in 2007, size 56:

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast