Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

Article about: It's the same cotton-filled material which the Red Army introduced in WW2 (Telogreika), which was excellent against the cold - and possibly was more fire-poof... QUOTE=Scout;937204]Nice find

?

Quote by James C View Post
    good stuff fabe its easy to lose count of these helmets ,if given the choice i would prefer the matt finish example you show ,most of the plasticoated helmets ive seen show signs of peeling which is most unpleasing to the eyes and the reason i havent added one to my collection yet,ill look forward to your dedicated thread on these helmets ,thanks james
    Again, this is just my "educated guess" - I have no official info on this, but I'll ask around - also I think that they no longer make M70 helmets, but I'll ask that as well. (The current Hungarian Army still uses this helmet, but when any troops go to international missions, they use US kevlar helmets - check this FB page (should be "public"), here you find current Hungarian army photos by part-time soilder/photographer:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/P%C3%...932570?fref=ts

hello fabe i need to ask your advice ,is this correct way of setting up the shelter ive heard rumour the steel helm was used to plug the top opening ,this zeltbahn comprises of different shelter quarters all displaying different buttons .im sure the peg bag is a latter camo but might be good as a helmet cover thanks james Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

?

sorry, I don't know...

here are the parts ( I think we would need 2 of these to set up a tent(?) - I don't have these parts yet, only the zeltbahn (M49 and M87 camo ones)
    you have a complete set - the pegbag is also M87 camo, just a littleg brighter colors.

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

... only have some instructions for folding these:

Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990Hungarian "Cold War" Collection 1945 - 1990

thanks fabe ,do you have any referance to when worn as a poncho please

?

no, I don't - but soon as I find any - I'll post it...

meanwhile a video - in Hungarian - which probably won't help you much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnFPmf1aZow

many thanks fabe for the link please forgive me as i dont understand what he is saying but through the medium of hand gestures i kind of understand ,he looks like a jedi knight when wearing the zelt ,thanks for your help james

great link fabe ,dont quote me on this but i think this nice chap has frequented the forum from time to time ,his examples ink stampings are much more legible than mine but i believe its the same

?

Hello!
    I'm glad my Hungarian zeltbahn rain-cape postings over at my Four-Bees Blog have been of use. I just added a new entry over at my blog showing how to set up a double Hungarian zelt-rain cape as a tent............ I am currently using my set-up as my "bushcraft" tent. I don't have the original aluminum pole set, so I have been using a modified WW2 Swiss pole set. I initially set up the tent using my Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle (photo on the blog) so that I could get the correct pole length. From what I understand, these zelts were designed to use the rifle with bayonet for the center pole. When the AK type rifles were standard issue, a center pole had to be issued with the zelt.......... Love these Hunagarian zeltbahn rain-capes!

Here's a few links to my blog entries:

Four Bees: Hungarian Zeltbahn M49/82 Set Up as Tent , With Mosin Nagant 91/30 Option

Four Bees: Hungarian M49/82 Zeltbahn - Poncho, Historical Zelt Pole Information

?

Quote by Sharky View Post
    Hello!
    I'm glad my Hungarian zeltbahn rain-cape postings over at my Four-Bees Blog have been of use. I just added a new entry over at my blog showing how to set up a double Hungarian zelt-rain cape as a tent............ I am currently using my set-up as my "bushcraft" tent. I don't have the original aluminum pole set, so I have been using a modified WW2 Swiss pole set. I initially set up the tent using my Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle (photo on the blog) so that I could get the correct pole length. From what I understand, these zelts were designed to use the rifle with bayonet for the center pole. When the AK type rifles were standard issue, a center pole had to be issued with the zelt.......... Love these Hunagarian zeltbahn rain-capes!

Here's a few links to my blog entries:

Four Bees: Hungarian Zeltbahn M49/82 Set Up as Tent , With Mosin Nagant 91/30 Option

Four Bees: Hungarian M49/82 Zeltbahn - Poncho, Historical Zelt Pole Information
    THX for all the info - glad to see you here on War Relics!

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast