Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

my Czechoslovakian collection

Article about: field flask with leather harness and woollen insulated jacket ,the ink stamp is partly illegible but i believe it could very well be dated 1972

field flask with leather harness and woollen insulated jacket ,the ink stamp is partly illegible but i believe it could very well be dated 1972my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Quote by James C View Post
    an od backpack it has the crossed swords and what looks to be a 1953 stamp allthough i could be wrong ,i found this piece of paper in the front pocket ,if anybody can let me know what it translates to in english as i havent a clue ,the pack straps are identical to the helmet foliage band down to the material /buckles and end terminations ,the last picture shows the comparison Attachment 616231Attachment 616230Attachment 616229Attachment 616228Attachment 616226Attachment 616227Attachment 616232
    great collection and looking at the backpack you can see how much the czechoslovak army was inspired by wwii german field gear.

thanks very much meyle ,i too see the similarities with german field gear

unissued leather belt /bucklemy Czechoslovakian collection

1977 dated flare gun pouchmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Y strap harness part leather part canvas, again im unsure of the date as its hard to read ,id like to think dated 68 but it might well be 88 im not 100%my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Looks like 68 to me!...

1965 dated jacket/shirt ,a real heavy quality made itemmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Great stuff...I never collected Czech Militaria, yet a few items have found their way into my collection over the years...Here's my small contribution to the thread...The gasmask is unissued, picked it up for $15 about 2 years ago...The canteen is WWI Austro-Hungarian but reissued to the Czech Army in 1922. I found that one in Germany among a pile of trash when I was about 10 years old, and I've had it since...It took me years before I found out what it really was...but my young collector's instinct that it was "Cool Militaria" proved to be correct when others thought it was all garbage back in the 1970s, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my Czechoslovakian collection   my Czechoslovakian collection  

Attached Images Attached Images my Czechoslovakian collection 

many thanks glennalways a pleasure to hear from you ,you have some nice items there ,the m10 gassie looks to be a 1973 vintage ,thanks for showing ,james

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast