MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

my Czechoslovakian collection

Article about: field flask with leather harness and woollen insulated jacket ,the ink stamp is partly illegible but i believe it could very well be dated 1972

Default my post war Czechoslovakian militaria

ive always had an interest in czech militaria and it amazes me how over time bits and pieces build up ,my humble collection is all post ww2 items really, possibly my soviet /czech re-issue ssh 40 might just qualify as ww2 period ,so ill start with it ,im hoping somebody can help in some way on dating it ,ill provide a number stamp on the rear skirt 1 3454 the liner looks to be dated 1969 the cover is the jacket hood and it also has a hbt style material foliage band my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection
    Last edited by James C; 12-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Great lid mate and that "rain drop" cover sets it off a treat!.....

next up a locally produced vz 53 ,this one has seen some use ,i believe an exported version judging by the faded paintwork and general dry condition of the leather chinstrap ,most likely caused by extreme temperatures, the liner is also removed ,it has the crossed swords stamp and also a 53my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

thanks paul you realise how unique the czech rain drop pattern is when compared to the east german version ,ive also heard under infrared, the camo takes on a whole new pattern ,thanks for dropping by ,james

forgot to mention these dust goggles ,i reckon they are a more modern issue and have seen referance pictures of czechoslovakian chemical units using them during the first gulf war ,they are real comfy to wear due to the sponge edge the also have a sun shield over the top very much like the bundeswehr goggle of that time period ,my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks paul you realise how unique the czech rain drop pattern is when compared to the east german version ,ive also heard under infrared, the camo takes on a whole new pattern ,thanks for dropping by ,james
    Yeah now i've put my glasses on it looks like there are green blotches on the grey/green back ground, the NVA version being one solid colour!...

my 1991 dated winter tanker helmet ,its in the same configuration as the soviet version with incorporated larynxphones ,the tan leather chinstraps give the game away thoughmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

an od backpack it has the crossed swords and what looks to be a 1953 stamp allthough i could be wrong ,i found this piece of paper in the front pocket ,if anybody can let me know what it translates to in english as i havent a clue ,the pack straps are identical to the helmet foliage band down to the material /buckles and end terminations ,the last picture shows the comparison my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

a 1969 dated field cap ,im unsure if the strap over the peak is functional or purely cosmetic my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

model z gasmask ,dated 1968 the filter 69 ,my inquisitive mind has found that the gasmask bag divider was a piece of 1970's style formica ,my Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collectionmy Czechoslovakian collection

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast