MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

my Czechoslovakian helmets

Article about: here's my czech helmet pair ,both vz 53's i believe the first was for export to middle east and the second is interesting as its a reissued soviet ssh 40 the original lower rivits have no fu

Default my Czechoslovakian helmets

here's my czech helmet pair ,both vz 53's i believe the first was for export to middle east and the second is interesting as its a reissued soviet ssh 40 the original lower rivits have no function additional rivits are found higher up the dome my Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmets
    Regards James

Default Re: my Czechoslovakian helmets

The second one is a very interesting variant, i've never seen that before!..

I have some M53's similar to the lower one but with a nylon 4 point chinstrap. A later issue I imagine.

hi gunny these former soviet ssh40 turn up from time to time and are a bit different from the norm and andy ,i believe the examples you own are designated m53/80 and as youve guessed introduced in 1980 the 4 point chinstrap offered more stability thanks for dropping by ,regards james
    Regards James

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The second one is a very interesting variant, i've never seen that before!..
    I have one of these as well, they are old soviet SSH40 shells. Mine bears a small star under the visor, and a serial number stamped into the back. Nice collection James, now you need to get yourself a VZ32

the last helmet in your photos is in great condition. the cover make a good addition to the helmet to. look like a bit of a chalnge to get the cover on or is it strait forward job to do. my czech helmet in poor conditon but is all there just missing the chin strap buckle.

hi geelong the cammo cover is a hood of a vz 60 strichtarn pattern coat it fits remarkably well tucking up tight behind the liner band ,heres a referance picture in usemy Czechoslovakian helmets
    Regards James

picked up some dust googles to finish off the display ,they are similar to the bundeswehr type clear lens and high level part shademy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmetsmy Czechoslovakian helmets
    Regards James

Nice one mate!....

?

Excellent collection of some of my favourite Warsaw pact helmets James, I particularly like the last display pictures you provided the helmet ,hood and goggles looks very good