Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.

Article about: I just picked up what I believe to be an English 1856 Enfield bayonet with what appears to be some type of Islamic script or decoration. Probably a bringback from Afghanistan; I'm not sure i

Default 1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.

I just picked up what I believe to be an English 1856 Enfield bayonet with what appears to be some type of Islamic script or decoration. Probably a bringback from Afghanistan; I'm not sure if this was for some type of Afghan guard, or just a tourist piece, but the bayonet is nice.
    Just wanted to share, comments welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.   1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.  

1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.   1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.  

1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.   1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.  

1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.  

Default Re: 1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.

It's a great bayonet regardless of the inlay,
    and/or when it was put there.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: 1856 English Enfield Bayonet with a little something extra.

Thanks Steve,
    I particularly like it because of the inlay; I enjoy the odd stuff !
    Regards,
    David