Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1907 Enfield Bayonet

Article about: Hi, I was able to to buy a nice condition 07 Wilkingson bayonet as usual needed an oiling ect, I already have one for my 1914 Enfield rifle so thought i would look for another for my 1918 en

Default 1907 Enfield Bayonet

Hi, I was able to to buy a nice condition 07 Wilkingson bayonet as usual needed an oiling ect, I already have one for my 1914 Enfield rifle so thought i would look for another for my 1918 enfield. Cleaned it got it looking good tried it on my rifle but it does,nt for the rifle boss, i tried it one my older rifle and it does,nt fit that either. There is nothing wrong with the bayonet fitment no burse ect, so no reason it cant fit any ideas to why, it is marked Crown GR 1907 3 18, with the usual armourer markes on the blade.

Sorry no pics at the moment. Dave.

Dave,

Does the catch on the bayonet move freely? From what you've said it sounds like it does, which makes it a really mystery! I think pictures will be the key to solving this!

Best,

Elliot

- - ------- - -

Dave,

Does the catch on the bayonet move freely? From what you've said it sounds like it does, which makes it a really mystery! I think pictures will be the key to solving this!

Best,

Elliot

Would really need pics to help figure out as Elliot stated.
    john

Hi, Elloit and John yes the catch moves freely this is a puzzle as iv had 07 bayo,s before with no probs
    I will try to get some pics up on here.
    Thanks Dave.