Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut

Article about: Hi, I just picked up this 16" Garand Bayonet. To me, it looks like a repro or refinished at the least. I picked it up from the estate of a veteran that passed a few years ago with other

Default 1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut

Hi,

I just picked up this 16" Garand Bayonet. To me, it looks like a repro or refinished at the least. I picked it up from the estate of a veteran that passed a few years ago with other great items (M1 helmet with Hawley liner, trench knives, German helmet etc.). The things I got it with seem to point to that it would be original as the family and the veteran were never collectors, but I know he had a Garand he brought back with him (sold years ago) so maybe he bought this repro bayonet or had it refinished. It's fully black. On the sheath there are a few small spots where it is chipped and you can see green underneath. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil

1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut

?

You can be sure it is a reproduction. As soon as I get home from work I'll show you why.

Jim P

Greetings Phil,

Jim is correct, the pictures you have posted are of a recent reproduction (you sure seem to encounter repro blades with regularity?). Here's what correct WT Bayo's (42' barely visible on the left and '43 on the right) Markings look like. And too, note the black box in the center of the red/brown plastic grips.

Regards,

Lance

1942 Wilde Tool Garand Bayonet Uncut

?

That is a cheap reproduction.

?

Current repro being offered by ima-usa, an exact match.

U.S. WWII M1 Garand Rifle Bayonet & M3 Scabbard ima-usa.com

Jim

?

Great bayo's Lance! The Wilde Tool maker is very rare and you have TWO of them No wonder I have so much trouble finding the rare stuff with all you bayonet hoarders on the loose!

Jim

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Great bayo's Lance! The Wilde Tool maker is very rare and you have TWO of them No wonder I have so much trouble finding the rare stuff with all you bayonet hoarders on the loose!

Jim
    Greetings Jim,

I don't collect bayonets, I just enjoy driving up prices... mu huu huu ha ha haaaaaaahhhh! Actually, I just got "in" collecting early, so it's easy (now) to share stuff that was rather affordable when I first purchased them.

Later,

Lance

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies. I was about 90% sure that it was a repro... and this obviously confirms it. It would be interesting to figure out how it got with this other stuff, but I guess that's life.