I bought this old Naval Dirk by F.Herder.
I think its a lovely piece, scabbard fittings and crossguard highly silvered.
Grip made of brass, tang attachment in the Eagles head is done in the same way they attachted the Imperial lionheads grips to the blade of the swords.
Total lenght is 15" inch or 42cm, spine is 4,5mm wedge form blade, so its a serious weapon.
Ive only seen 1 on the internet before with no info except that it was a naval Dirk dated 1800-1830.
I would say looking at the logo it would be
Does anyone have any info about this Dirk or who used it in the past?
Regards,
Ger
19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME19th Century curved Naval Dirk with Screaming Eagle's head made by F.Herder ANY INFO WELCOME