Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication

Article about: hello guys i have found a seller with 3 model 1918 us trench knives for sale. he tells me they are part of a collection from his late father. he describes two as being marked au lion and one

Default 3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication

hello guys i have found a seller with 3 model 1918 us trench knives for sale. he tells me they are part of a collection from his late father. he describes two as being marked au lion and one unmarked blade. i will try to get more pictures as the deal progresses . these are all i have for now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication   3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication  

Attached Images Attached Images 3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication  3 us model 1918 trench knives, i.d and authentication 

Greetings Chuck,

Pictures are a tad small, but all knives appear original. I see nothing in the images that makes me apprehensive in the slightest. They all appear to be well used, but again nothing "sketchy" about the lot. Many apologies, I have ceased doing valuations (before you ask) as that is how these posts seem to evolve.

Kindest Regards,

Lance

i was wondering about the knife in the middle , the only one i have found on the internet similar the the middle knife is marked
    Oneida Community Ltd. are those ones more rare, ??? the knives have no scabbards ,

Greetings Chuck,

It (the middle knife) does not appear to me, to be an Oneida Variant (I'd settle on it being an Au Lion as OCL's do not have a long "U.S. 1918" as this example appears to have, it appears the same length as like the other Au Lion in the photo), of course higher resolution photos would enable a more conclusive declaration. Yes, Oneida variants are rare (the rarest). If you see an OCL variant for sale buy it, as you will never see another.

Regards,

Lance