Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bayonet 1907 ?

Article about: i recently aquired this bayonet with scabbard im a bit new to all the markings can anyone help me out here the bayonets blade is 16 3/4 inches and overall length is 21 1/2 thank youinches

?

Default bayonet 1907 ?

i recently aquired this bayonet with scabbard im a bit new to all the markings can anyone help me out here the bayonets blade is 16 3/4 inches and overall length is 21 1/2 thank youinches

Default Re: bayonet 1907 ?

I believe either British or Australian, I forget which one. Usually has a frog (leather or canvas belt loop). I have a few of these hanging around.

That is indeed a British Pattern 1907 bayonet.

Originally the manufacturer's name would be stamped on the side underneath the large crown/1907 marking.

The smaller stamps in the other photo are miltary inspection or repair markings.

E = Enfield.

The scabbard is not the correct pattern - originally made of leather with metal fittings.

Hope that gets you started.

Regards

Richie

Quote by Richie B View Post
    The scabbard is not the correct pattern - originally made of leather with metal fittings.
    Richie, isn't that scabbard style called the tear drop?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Richie, isn't that scabbard style called the tear drop?
    Yes - some did have a tear drop shaped frog stud - others - (possibly later models but I would have to check) had round ones.

?

Quote by Richie B View Post
    That is indeed a British Pattern 1907 bayonet.

Originally the manufacturer's name would be stamped on the side underneath the large crown/1907 marking.

The smaller stamps in the other photo are miltary inspection or repair markings.

E = Enfield.

Hope that gets you started.

Regards

Richie
    hi thank you where do you see the e i noticed further down right where the blade starts at the top of the handle looks to be a arrow then D D ?