Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet ID needed

Article about: Hi, I have been ask to get this bayonet ID, i know it has a Mosin Nagent fixing as it is the same as my own, but the blade is far different to the normal Mosin bayo. The blade is more like t

Default Bayonet ID needed

Hi,
    I have been ask to get this bayonet ID, i know it has a MBayonet ID neededBayonet ID neededosin Nagent fixing as it is the same as my own, but the blade is far different to the normal Mosin bayo. The blade is more like the K98 type, if anyone can help i would be obliged as i have never seen this type before, i wish it was not in relic condition but there you go.
    Dave.

Made in Leningrad siege I think. Hybrid SVT bayo blade and Mosin socket.

There's a thread somewhere in the bayo section on these-it's a sort of ersatz MN bayo made in Leningrad during the siege-a simple heavy blade was easier to make than the milled cruciform spike.

Hi
    Kradspam & Lithgow, thanks for the Id, it is a friend of mine who owns it he ask today if i knew anything about it, as i dont i thought i know some who will tell me in a short space of time lol.
    i will see him tomorrow and let him know, thanks for your time much appreciated.
    Dave.

You're welcome Dave.

Hi,
    I took the Bayo back today and told him what it was and where it came from, he was not that bothered with it, so i had it for a couple of quid, even though it,s relic it,s interesting.
    Dave.

Well done at that price and a very authentic WW2 relic.

Hi, Lithgow,
    I have been reading up on them this evening a few gunsmith from tula went in to help the people with the weapons ect, they say some of the bayo,s were SVT blades and some were made from scratch
    as you say a great authentic relic. Im glad i got it now i have a grave dug M40 russian helmet in my collection from Lenningrad so i will put them together now.
    Dave.

Dave-As I had mentioned previously, there is a thread about these but I'm not sure whether it's here in World Bayos or in the Soviet area of the site.