Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

British aux unit knife

Article about: Hi folks i have been offered this, seller tells me it dates ww2 and he thinks it is a british auxiliary knife, it measures 9" although there is a part missing from the top part of the h

Ron is Ron Flook.

Full length would imply this one has been cut down.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These were issued to the auxillary army to use in a Guerrilla war if the Germans invaded
    The whole point was they were a commercial type so the Germans would not be suspicious if they found a man with one on him
    The blade had been sharpened and has lost some length
    But if it had been full length like the one I sold last month it would have sold for $200
    Ron flook
    you are right Ade, seems this guy does know is stuff, little known about them but may after all be a rare although reduced piece.

I have Ron's earlier book. Highly recommended.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I will keep an eye out for it Ade, have you seen pictures of this type of knife in there, the seller tells me he has only seen 3 in 35 years however several hundred F.S, anyway i have taken the plunge for the sake of 11, just about 3 pints of beer.
    Steve.

Oh, I thought it was going for more than that! Its worth that for the speculation, well done

Checked the book and it is mentioned on page 229. The pic of it, plate 549, is very dark and you cannot even see it has a horn grip.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ron Flook. The author of British and Commonwealth Military Knives, the book on the subject. His newest is described here:

FLOOK

For sale along with other of his titles at Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Books/s?ie=UTF8...%3ARon%20Flook

Ron Flooks' books are full of exceptional information based on excellent research.

Thank you, i understand certain groups of people were hand picked ie miners,ex police etc to join certain groups on led by Anthony Quinn.
    these people would have had such knives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12