Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British fighting knives

Article about: These are the only 2 British fighting knives I own. I know fairly little about them, but both have interesting stories. The BC.41, was offered to me years ago and I paid the asking price of

Default British fighting knives

These are the only 2 British fighting knives I own. I know fairly little about them, but both have interesting stories. The BC.41, was offered to me years ago and I paid the asking price of £50 hoping it was the real thing. Once purchased the seller told me how he had got it. He was given it by an old British Naval Officer who on the night of the 5th of June 44 had picked up a group of commando's some way off the French coast to take them back to Britain. One of the commando's gave the knife to the Officer as a souvenir. The seller was also able to tell me the name of the Officer, and just by chance I knew his daughter. I got home and gave her a call to ask her about the knife. When she answered I started to explain about a knife I had bought, and she stopped me mid sentence and then described the knife exactly, saying it was a nasty looking thing and had wondered where it had gone. She totally confirmed the story and I still have the knife tucked away hoping my £50 was a good investment.
    The other does not have a history as such, but I was in my museum one day and an old lady on holiday asked for my address which I gave her. She then told me she would send me a knife that was her brothers. A week or so later this one turned up in the post.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British fighting knives   British fighting knives  

British fighting knives   British fighting knives  

British fighting knives  

Hello Damien,
    The FS fighting knife is a good second pattern example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,
    Thanks for that as I really don't have a clue about them but just like them.
    D

?

the BC.41 looks real Mean

Yes, its extremely sharp and does have a rather nasty looking blade that looks like it means business.
    D

Nice items. Shame they are not related to Operation Ambassador

Top quality items. You made a sound investment.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I love that BC 41!!!!

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Damien,
    The FS fighting knife is a good second pattern example.
    Ralph.
    Actually it's a good 3rd pattern knife. An early example of the 3rd pattern with
    a hand ground blade.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Actually it's a good 3rd pattern knife. An early example of the 3rd pattern with
    a hand ground blade.
    Yes, you are correct Greg.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)