Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet

Article about: Hello, This is a British 1941 Lee Enfield Cruciform bayonet I picked up at the SOS. This is an uncommon bayonet to find! I got it for only \\$30! I have wanted one of these for a while.

Default British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet

Hello, This is a British 1941 Lee Enfield Cruciform bayonet I picked up at the SOS. This is an uncommon bayonet to find! I got it for only $30! I have wanted one of these for a while.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet   British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet  

British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet   British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet  

?

Collectors used to say that there were a lot of fakes out there converted from later models but quite how true this is I do not know. Does anyone have an example.

When buying a cruciform make sure it is a No 4 Mk I model. They were the only one that was cut like this. If it is any other model I would avoid it. There were only 75,000 No 4 Mk I bayos made.

Your No4 Mk1 looks good to me and you bought it at a bargain price I had two in my collection and sold one here in the UK for £145 last year, they fetch between £120 to £150 I have included a few pictures of mine for comparison, mine has an inspectors mark stencilled on the blade, I have only seen one faked one and it was quite crude and easy to spot.

Is your scabbard also a No4 Mk1 ?

The No4 Mk1 is a nice one to have in any collection and they are scarce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet   British Lee Enfield Cruciform Bayonet  

Unfortunately my scabbard is unmarked. Your example is very nice! Thanks for showing it. They go for about $200 around here so I was only too happy to pick this one up for $30!

Default No4 MkI

I have been interested in finding info on these bayonets for ages. I have recently moved on all my working British WW1 and WW2 rifles but I have this bayonet left over. It looks to be the same as shown already in the post so I am pleased to see mine appears to add up and is not a fake. At least when its offered for sale I can say its real and there's no come back.
    Hope you like my example, it came with the frog attached.Its also marked but I just could not get the photo right to show it to you properly.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

The markings show up nicely when you expand the picture. I am sure its good. You will have no problem selling that bayonet.

?

VERY NICE!!!!!
    I have yet to add a Lee Enfield spike to my collection. The other's just seem so common. But this is one that I would like to add. Thank you No1canuck for that tidbit of info on these.
    You got this one a GREAT price. Nice snag!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil