Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

british pocket knife

Article about: Available to purchase, ive not seen this type before WD marked anyone seen these before and what kind of cost, i am learning gain advice before purchase, thanks folks Steve.

Default british pocket knife

Available to purchase, ive not seen this type before WD marked anyone seen these before and what kind of cost,
    i am learning gain advice before purchase, thanks folks
    british pocket knife
    british pocket knife
    Steve.

yes were quite common at one time.

The last time i saw a war time dated one it was selling for £40!...

Still fairly common, though you don't see it as much as the usual type. It's usually referred to as the 'Burma Knife'. They were introduced, I think, about 1944 and so far I've not seen one dated after 1945. They were called the Burma Knife I believe because they were brought out for use over in the jungles etc in the Far East where the conditions played havoc with the usual style of knife so the stainless steel one was produced.
    This one was made by Sheffield Steel Products - SSP
    Price, not sure, as it's a while since I bought one and they weren't that much more than the usual style of Jack Knives when I did but I've noticed over the last couple of years the prices have crept up quite a bit, however I'd guess around somewhere around £20 to £25 at a dealer maybe, that said having seen some of the wide range of prices though that 'normal' Jack Knives go for nowadays I could be miles out!

thanks folks, great info as always.

I agree with the above, I would value at no more than £20. I also associate these with Far East issue, and every one I've ever see has been 45 dated.