Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Case V-42 fssf WW11

Article about: i am the proud owner of an original ww11 v-42 fssf fighting knife that i aquired as payment for doing some carpentry work some 20+ years ago, my girlfriends mother had an uncle in N.H. that

Default Case V-42 fssf WW11

Case V-42 fssf WW11Case V-42 fssf WW11i am the proud owner of an original ww11 v-42 fssf fighting knife that i aquired as payment for doing some carpentry work some 20+ years ago, my girlfriends mother had an uncle in N.H. that died and they had to sell the house to pay the taxes so they gave me the knife along with another cattasaraugus. until now i was unaware of its importance and rarety. i will try to post pictures but as it sometimes goes it might take me a while. i am interested to now what you knife collectors think of it.
    Last edited by Chrisbaja5t; 06-27-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: add pics

Default Re: Case V-42 fssf WW11

Hi - Welcome to the Forum.

Great knife and quite rare too. Case brand quality knives command a premium
    anyway, but these being what they are can be quite expensive. It would be
    the top piece in a U.S. military knife collection - far and above any M3,
    Western, Randall, Murphy, etc. Possibly $1,000 to $2,000
    in this condition - perhaps a lot more.

The Cattaraugus 225Q is also a nice knife.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi - Welcome to the Forum.

Great knife and quite rare too. Case brand quality knives command a premium
    anyway, but these being what they are can be quite expensive. It would be
    the top piece in a U.S. military knife collection - far and above any M3,
    Western, Randall, Murphy, etc. Possibly $1,000 to $2,000
    in this condition - perhaps a lot more.

The Cattaraugus 225Q is also a nice knife.........!
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I agree with all that Steve has said. One that I would like very much to add to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-27-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A Case V-42 sold at auction in Canada a few years ago for, I think, $4,000+. The auctioneer later told me that the winning mail bidder was prepared to go much higher if he had too.

Very desirable knives. Wish I had one, but my bid didn't even show on the radar.

Cheers,

Pat

it is in great condition compared to others ive seen out there, still would like to get it authenticated. the scabbard is in nice condition also. Can anybody tell me how i would go about doing this and where i would have to go to get it done? I have the name of the serviceman who had the knife.Attachment 363713

?

A very desirable American issue knife. Quite valuable also.

i would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome ,it makes collecting more interesting and fun

Quote by Chrisbaja5t View Post
    it is in great condition compared to others ive seen out there, still would like to get it authenticated. the scabbard is in nice condition also. Can anybody tell me how i would go about doing this and where i would have to go to get it done? I have the name of the serviceman who had the knife.Attachment 363713
    Try contacting the 'Military Edged Weapon Museum' in Intercourse, Pennsylvania.
    Send them some pics. ( I have not been there in about 12 years, but if it's still
    open the fellow there is very knowledgable )
    Regards,

Steve.

I have been collecting / studying allied fighting knives sense I was 15 years old
    and the Case V42 is my Holy Grail of knives on my wish list. I would much rather
    own one of these than any SS dagger.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.