Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Case XX Knife/Axe Combo

Article about: Guys, Here is a Knife/axe combo that the owner said was part of a WWII survival kit. It looks more commercial than military to me but would like your opinion. Thanks, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Case XX Knife/Axe Combo

Guys, Here is a Knife/axe combo that the owner said was part of a WWII survival kit. It looks more commercial than military to me but would like your opinion. Thanks, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Case XX Knife/Axe Combo   Case XX Knife/Axe Combo  

Case XX Knife/Axe Combo   Case XX Knife/Axe Combo  

Default Re: Case XX Knife/Axe Combo

I personally have never seen this sort of combo as an WW2 escape aid, military or commercial. The handle of the knife and the chrome finish do not lend themselves to being a military item. My guess is that it is a commecial item dating from anywhere between the 1940's to the 1980's, however, as always I am willing to be proved wrong and there maybe somebody out there who can give you a more definative answer!

That is purely a civilian purchase item but the tang stamp dates it to 1919-1945. Go over to WWW.AAPK and they will give you better info and a few good offers for it as well. They don't turn up often in that good of condition.

Hal
    ?

Quote by Iron Hoarder View Post
    That is purely a civilian purchase item but the tang stamp dates it to 1919-1945. Go over to WWW.AAPK and they will give you better info and a few good offers for it as well. They don't turn up often in that good of condition.
    Thanks for the information, I'll give it a look. Hal