Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2

Article about: Hello collectors; Annoyed from this ads?   I have these two US blades, I believe both from WWII. Any imput, especially about sheats, will be very appreciated. Regards, M.

Default Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2

Hello collectors;
    I have these two US blades, I believe both from WWII. Any imput, especially about sheats, will be very appreciated.

Regards,

M.
    Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2   Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2  

Couple of Camillus: M4 and Mk2  

Both appear to be correct to me.
    I can not compare to my examples right now but will do so when I return home from work today.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I will check some books as well........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The M-4 is what is generally considered WWII production and the M-8 scabbard is early production as opposed to the M8A1. It is my understanding that the MKII knife, when marked on the crossguard to the marines or navy are also considered to be WWII production. Models after WWII had no markings specific to the Corp or Navy and were marked on the ricasso, not the crossguard.

Jim

Both knives are good, however the Mark II sheath
    may be a later type as it appears to have a
    dark brown waterproof coating.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks to you all; actually, the sheat is very dark brown leather, and riveted instead stapled.