Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.

Article about: Ok, so the bayonets i bought yesterday arrived in the post today. There are a few more desert camo ones which i particularly like. In my opinion, they make quite a nice display Just thought

Default Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.

Ok, so the bayonets i bought yesterday arrived in the post today. There are a few more desert camo ones which i particularly like. In my opinion, they make quite a nice display

Just thought id share.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.  

?

Default Re: Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.

You are going to need a lot of No4 rifles now lol.....I have 1 of these bayonets "not desert cam though" on my No4..& I also the bladed type 1 but it is a rusty old piece..I should attempt to clean it one day....Still your collection is something different..lol.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    You are going to need a lot of No4 rifles now lol.....I have 1 of these bayonets "not desert cam though" on my No4..& I also the bladed type 1 but it is a rusty old piece..I should attempt to clean it one day....Still your collection is something different..lol.. Cheers Terry.
    Thank you terry. And yes, it is a good "excuse to buy more No4's" and the entrenching tools (not that i really need an excuse).

One of them attached to my Entrenching tool making more complete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.   Desert Camo No4 Bayonets.  

?

You never need an excuse to buy a gun lol...just the pennies.. Thanks for posting...Cheers Terry. oh just seen the entrenching tool..Most women use a frying pan ...So I guess what you say in the house goes????? lol..

Quote by Tango View Post
    You never need an excuse to buy a gun lol...just the pennies.. Thanks for posting...Cheers Terry. oh just seen the entrenching tool..Most women use a frying pan ...So I guess what you say in the house goes????? lol..
    What do you think student loans are for???? And you would think that what i say in the house goes, but my other half also collects which makes it even. However, i always have the "our bank card is in MY purse darling" card to play

?

Roger that madam lol.. Cheers Terry.

As of yet, I do not have a No. 4 Bayonet that has been painted desert colour. Not certain that I've ever seen one in person, but living in the US, this does not surprise me. When ever I bump into a No. 4 Bayonet at an antique shop and the price is not too bad I usually buy it. I need a No.4 Mk.I (not holding my breath LOL), and the No.7 Mk.I and I will have all the bayonets for the No.4 Rifle (not counting the South African version from the 1960s).
    Mark

?

Correct me if I am wrong - my eyes aren't what they used to be - but you have seven Lucas made MkIII bayonets there! They are a little harder to find than the common MkII and MkII* models due to the fact that they were declared obsolete in 1946 and disposed of. Many went out to other countries, especially in the Middle East. Well done, I love the No.4 bayonets! I've got to find another MkI.