Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Die Casters Australian Machete

Article about: Picked up a decent machete recently. Marked Defence Dept. DC 1944. I believe that the manufacturer of these machetes marked DC was Die Casters Pty Ltd which was a Melbourne based firm. Regar

Default Die Casters Australian Machete

Picked up a decent machete recently. Marked Defence Dept. DC 1944.

I believe that the manufacturer of these machetes marked DC was Die Casters Pty Ltd which was a Melbourne based firm.

Regards,

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Die Casters Australian Machete   Die Casters Australian Machete  

Die Casters Australian Machete   Die Casters Australian Machete  

Die Casters Australian Machete  

From the Encyclopedia of Australian Science.

Die Casters Pty Ltd was established in Richmond in 1926. It produced excellent quality castings for vehicles, such as door handles, door locks etc., and also supplied the industry with window winding mechanisms, windscreen wipers and blades. This firm developed and patented processes to enable molding of plastic to metal which was an important breakthrough in the application of metal to plastic technology. During the Second World War Die Casters Pty. Ltd., manufactured defence type products including components of bomb sights, machine guns and engine parts for aircraft.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A good acquisition, they also made a U.S. WW II pattern that took quite a while to get identified as to the source. Best Regards, Fred