Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri

Article about: by KradSpam Nice score. It never ceases to amaze me what some people decide is crap and throw out..... imagine what is already in landfill never to be seen again.... Exactly...or burned, cru

?

Default dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri

is this a real gurkhas Khukuri or just a holiday purchase

regards
    darren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri   dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri  

dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri   dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri  

dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri   dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri  

dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri  

?

Default Re: dump find is this a real gurkhas Khukuri

I dont think this old the ingraving appears to be more recent and the chain looks new also, for a dump find you can't lose

I don't know enough about these to make a very valid comment, however, I imagine this is an Officers item and appears original to me. It has some age to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another great find! Please tell us how these fantastic collectables came to be found would you?

Obviously full dress ceremonial, but it looks period to me. Doubtful if it is tourist junk-looks to be much too well made. Interesting piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's been beautifully made,i can't see that being tourist fodder.Even though the style looks very victorian it can't be of that date in my opinion as the 6th gurhka rifles were not named that until 1903,so that rules out that being a victorian crown on the regimental badge.My guess is that it is a 50's/60's ceremonial khukuri for an officer or maybe a presentational peice for a long serveing and retiring soldier.A very nice find!!

?

You visit a very high quality and up market dump!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

A friend of mine has just bought one similar to this but with different scroll work, it is a ceremonial /parade/award piece and was used for all three purposes, its a nice find as they are quite pricey.

Nice score. It never ceases to amaze me what some people decide is crap and throw out..... imagine what is already in landfill never to be seen again....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast