Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

edged weapon?

Article about: Hi, been posting items for ID all evening and feel like Rolf Harris... 'Do you know what it is yet?' Last one. Probably the strangest 'edged weapon' i've ever seen (not the axe). A few mates

ILH
    ?

Default edged weapon?

Hi,
    been posting items for ID all evening and feel like Rolf Harris... 'Do you know what it is yet?'

Last one. Probably the strangest 'edged weapon' i've ever seen (not the axe). A few mates have had a geuss and between us we think we know what it might be...

marked '??? & Sons LTD (arrow) 1943.
    This is a heavy item -look at the thickness of steel. Bevelled each side and at the end.

What do you reckon?
    Serious answers- hold your fire or PM me, but we had a laugh with the theories so have a go if you don't know.

Jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture edged weapon?   edged weapon?  

Default Re: edged weapon?

looks like one of the tools we used to have at school for turning wood on a lathe but im guessing thats wrong....

Thanks

Danny

?

I can identify the firefighters axe.......Ive got one! but what the hell the other item is??? I havent got a clue. I would hazard some sort of chisel, but I have never seen one bevelled on the sides AND leading edge!

?

I think it might be a pry bar of some description

ILH
    ?

Pry bar is part of it's use-

it's a tool for the rescue services for getting through windows -run it round the frame to break off all the bits, knock out the little glazing bars, Jimmy the sash, etc.

jim.