Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help identifying a Bayonet?

Article about: I have the chance at the 'jungle carbine' so guess I'll try an buy it.

?

Default Help identifying a Bayonet?

I recently picked up a Helmet, Bayonet, and some kind of air or gas mask. I paid $10 for the Bayonet but have no clue what gun it was on or any info about it?. Any help is much appreciated.

The bayonet is stamped MA 1907 43 and what looks like a 8 stamp. The other side is stamped with a arrow XOA i believe. What is something like this worth?.

Thanks Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying a Bayonet?   Help identifying a Bayonet?  

Help identifying a Bayonet?   Help identifying a Bayonet?  

Help identifying a Bayonet?   Help identifying a Bayonet?  

Help identifying a Bayonet?  
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-30-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Default Re: Help identifying a Bayonet?

It is a British Lee Enfield Rifle Bayonet Mfg by Lithgow.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It's a nice p1907 Lee Enfield No.1 MKIII bayo.
    Worth around $200-250 here.
    Nice 10 dollar pick-up mate.
    Cheers
    Dave

Made August 1943- '8 43'-'OA' is the Orange satellite factory that made the bayos from July 1942 onwards, 'MA' is Munitions Australia, the code for the Lithgow small arms factory in NSW, the major weapons maker in Australia for WW1 and WW2. Value would be more like $100-125 as it's been knocked about a bit and there's no scabbard. See attached pics for the rifles and bayo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying a Bayonet?   Help identifying a Bayonet?  

?

Wow i am so glad i found this site!. Thank you for the great info i really appreciate it!!! Eric Zentner, Thanatos, lithgow very interesting.

?

I was wondering to those who have shipped Bayonets what is the cost to ship something like this from U.S. Omak, WA. 98841 to Darwin River, Northern Territory 0841
    Australia?.

Thanks Jim

Gday Jim,
    Around 30 dollars tracked on average,depends on the seller.Some charge only the shipping cost, some charge more for packing and handling on top of that.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

?

Thanks Thanatos!. I can't believe the price of international shipping it is outrageous!!!.
    Last edited by Jim73; 09-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

So, what's the opinion of Enfield rifles?

The Lee Enfield SMLE was the best bolt action battle rifle ever made-the theoretical accuracy advantages of the Mauser action were more than outweighed by the robust action that was easily worked and the 10 round detachable box magazine of the SMLE and its successor the No.4 rifle. Although now very near to the end of the road after 124 years it still serves to this day in many corners of the world and the L42 Sniper rifle is still issue to British forces as it works when required under the most adverse conditions unlike modern rivals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast