Become our sponsor and display your banner here

HELP WITH MK2 spike bayonet knuckle knife adapter?

Article about: hi guys my quest for obscure....or made up weapons continues. here is a picture i found of a Mk2 spike bayonet adapter to make it either into a knuckle knife....or mayb a mine probe? but why

Default HELP WITH MK2 spike bayonet knuckle knife adapter?

hi guys my quest for obscure....or made up weapons continues. here is a picture i found of a Mk2 spike bayonet adapter to make it either into a knuckle knife....or mayb a mine probe? but why wouldnt you just use the helve of the entrenching? anyway any ideas if its a crazy concoction or actually real? if anything i would have thought post war for use with No.9 but no idea really apparently has a broad arrow stampName:  mk2 knuckle knife.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  3.5 KB

Default Re: HELP WITH MK2 spike bayonet knuckle knife adapter?

I have a feeling that these are fantasy items.

K133 No 9 Bladed Military Knife - 07-Knives

Quite possibly illegal in the UK if it is classed as a knuckle duster knife.

Regards

Richie

I think it's South African, and it was meant as a combat knife. I'll have to dig out my books now.

OK, found the book, Graham Preist, The Spirit of The Pike. British Socket Bayonets of the Twentieth Century pp. 335-336. Was made in SA, but not listed in the 1975 SA small Arms list which showed the bayonets, may have been manufactured for police or irregular troops. The No. 9 or No.4 bayo could be used. Handle was knurled and made of aluminum. Had the same socket adaptor as the entrenching tool. Was marked with Broad Arrow and SE /|\SE together like that
    Best
    Paul

47th MP Co/47th Inf Div 1983-1988
    583rd Ord Co 59th Ord Bde Muenster, W Germany
    1988-1990
    Looking for P37 ammo pouch with No4 bayo frog

I am fairly certain these are a fake-fantasy item. I believe they were sold by World wide Arms. Regards, Clive.

Agreed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!