Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with unit marks

Article about: Hello Guys .I,ve been looking at a P1888 with unit stamps on the pommal ,car,nt track it down any help will be appreciated,O.T.C.K.C.S.Thanks.Paul.

?

Default Help with unit marks

Hello Guys .I,ve been looking at a P1888 with unit stamps on the pommal ,car,nt track it down any help will be appreciated,O.T.C.K.C.S.Thanks.Paul.

Default Re: Help with unit marks

Quote by paul a View Post
    Hello Guys .I,ve been looking at a P1888 with unit stamps on the pommal ,car,nt track it down any help will be appreciated,O.T.C.K.C.S.Thanks.Paul.
    Easy....

Officer's Training Corps, King's College School

Rob

?

Thanks mate.Thought it would be something to do with officer training.Paul.P.S Do you think a bayonet with these stampings are ten a penny or of the less seen variaty,in your oppinion.

Thanks mate.Thought it would be something to do with officer training.Paul.P.S Do you think a bayonet with these stampings are ten a penny or of the less seen variaty,in your oppinion.
    Its basically the school cadet corps from that very posh public school in Wimbledon. In terms of rarity, simply speaking, there weren't that many boys in the cadets compared to a real infantry regiment, for example. I like cadet/OTC stuff, but its not a huge collecting field.

Did you get the reply I gave on your other 1888 Pattern?

Rob

?

Thanks Rob and yes i did mate,it,s all very intresting stuff .I,ve been collecting german bayonets for a few years now but have changed tack and got myself into british bayos ,more so with regimental markings which make them even more intesting if ya know what i mean.Thanks again .Paul.P.S I,m sure you will be hearing from me again .

?

British bayonets i,ve got so far .Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with unit marks   Help with unit marks  

?

British bayonets i,ve got so far .Paul
    nice looking display

Thanks Rob and yes i did mate,it,s all very intresting stuff .I,ve been collecting german bayonets for a few years now but have changed tack and got myself into british bayos ,more so with regimental markings which make them even more intesting if ya know what i mean.Thanks again .Paul.P.S I,m sure you will be hearing from me again .
    Yes i know exactly what you mean, the personal history is what it's all about. Out of interest, I looked it up and discovered that the KCS OTC actually still exists, although now it's called the King's College School CCF (Combined Cadet Force).

Rob