Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I would like to introduce myself

Article about: Hi everyone, I thought i'd introduce myself here, because i'm mainly focussed on F.S. knives for the time being. I have 2 knives, a 3rd pattern knife only marked 'england' with a '2' on the

?

Default I would like to introduce myself

Hi everyone,

I thought i'd introduce myself here, because i'm mainly focussed on F.S. knives for the time being.

I have 2 knives, a 3rd pattern knife only marked 'england' with a '2' on the hilt, which i believe te be a wartime example of the third pattern f.s. fighting knife. with the original scabbard i believe.

Also i recently go a 2nd pattern knife etched 'wilkinon sword' and ' F S fighting knife. there's more story on this one. A brute grinded the blade, i think because it was a blued one. anyways, the etching has beed damaged somewhat. with also an original scabbard i think.

its says:

wilkinson
    sword
    london

and

the
    F~s
    fighting
    knife

on the other side because of grinding marks. i polished the rest of the knife because i'm a qualified metal worker, and fairbairn would have wanted it like that. i carefully masked the etching remaining.

i will post pictures for you to review in my next post, its a shame to take pictures in artificial light.

I hope to learn alot from you guys.

greeting from the netherlands.

?

Also exuce my french

?

Welcome to the forum friend.

Welcome to WRF , Would love to see some pics of your daggers .

Hi Axium..welcome to the forum..any FS or other Third Reich Knives you have or interests..take a visit to our German Sword and dagger forum. Enjoy your stay Regards Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...s-third-reich/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Welcome
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you all, i will take a look over there.

Here are the pics from my two F~S's. it may be a bit heavy on the bandwidth, but i guess thats what everybody's here for.

I would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myself
    I would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myselfI would like to introduce myself

?

I can't find any 'edit' button for my post, but i wanted to add the following.

The first 3 pics are the 3rd pattern, the cut scabbard belong to the 2nd pattern. and the last ones are again the 3rd pattern.

the 3rd pattern is clearly a war-time production one exported to the U.S., I'm not sure why the scabbard is in a rough shape while the blade is almost perfect. correct me if i'm wrong.

the 2nd pattern clearly has more history. its been machine ground at one time with little or no regard for the etching. that was part of the sale, and reflected in the price. Since I maintain blades I didn't hesitate to polish the blade to start getting its new patina and a new life. Ive taped the etching not to do any further damage, and the polishing is an ongoing process because i have to do it by hand in my spare time.

i dont know who ground it or when and why, but i would like to stab the person. maybe its done to remove the blueing? i guess is was a blued one because the hilt, pommelnut and crossguard show signs of black finish.

does the damage affect the value and collectability a lot?

also, does anyone know why the scabbard is cut? is it the correct one for the 2nd pattern?

thanks for any input.

It's a shame that the #2 was so badly ground but IMO, any
    etched FS is collectible. Like anything else, condition has a
    direct effect on value but I collect things that I like with very
    little regard to what the value may or may not be.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Im trying to comprehend the reason why it had to be ground
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast