Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

knife identification please

Article about: Hi all. I'm new to the forums. I just recently started collecting knives. my grandfather had a knife that I got after he passed. He was part of the Civilian Conservation Corps I believe back

psychojeeper92
    ?

Default knife identification please

Hi all. I'm new to the forums. I just recently started collecting knives. my grandfather had a knife that I got after he passed. He was part of the Civilian Conservation Corps I believe back in the 40's. It says "US J.Q.M.D 1945 36" on the waist belt. That is the knife that is in the 1st couple pictures.

The second couple pictures are of a bayonet I found in a giant antique warehouse. I bought it for $20. it has a significant amount of rust on it. I was told it was from the vietnam era, and went to an m16. After doing some research, I found that it is an M7 model. Is that correct? basically, I'd like to know values on these knives, and if i got a good deal on the bayonet. thanks! PS: The bayonet has too much rust to show any markings.
    knife identification pleaseknife identification pleaseknife identification pleaseknife identification pleaseknife identification pleaseknife identification please

yab
    ?

Default Re: knife identification please

The last one isn`t that for the us-carabine?
    Regards Yab.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The belt is a standard US Army enlisted mans trouser belt, size 36 inch waist. JQMD = Jersey Quarter Master Depot. 1945 is the date. The knife is a typical 1940's private purchase item.

The Bayonet is indeed the the M7 for the M16 rifle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The first knife is known as a "Theater Knife", which is a home-made knife presumably made in either the European or Pacific theater of war. (Actually, many of these were made by craftsmen back in the States.) The grip is made primarily of red and black Micarta, a popular insulating laminate. It is a WW II era knife and is worth about 25-50 USD without its sheath. Hope this helps.
    Best regards, Uncle Paul