Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kutmaster Utica knife

Article about: Hi folks after advice again, were this made during the war or piece parts post war. As you can see its not had a charmed life the stackers are mis shaped and the blade is not at its best pri

Default Kutmaster Utica knife

Hi folks after advice again, were this made during the war or piece parts post war.
    As you can see its not had a charmed life the stackers are mis shaped and the blade is not at its best
    price wise the seller is looking at £45 im not sure how this sits.
    Kutmaster Utica knife
    Kutmaster Utica knife
    Kutmaster Utica knife

Anyone? surely someone has seen one of these before.

From what I have read, these are post war knives made for the civilian market.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, thats all i needed.

MAP
    ?

I'm no authority but I have read on another forum that Utica sold kutmaster knives to the commercial market post ww2 from left over Garand stocks. It is possible a soldier bought one and used post ww2 but it is not issued by the military.

Further you see them on ebay and such. I just saw a very good condition one with sheath selling for $50.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Pretty rough... It's a typical combat knife and if the research bears it out, post war.

"It is possible a soldier bought one and used post ww2 but it is not issued by the military."

As far as WWII or after goes, there were a tremendous amount of fighting knives carried "not issued by the military", private purchase knives like E.G. Waterman, Kinfolks, etc. Not government contract (available for sale at the PX, BX, etc on base) but no less carried in the field by fighting men, so they are bona fide combat knives from whichever particular era.

def post war. my uncle had one just like it he was a truck driver used it as a screw driver hammer, pri-bar you name it. u can get one that's nearly Identical or close for a few dollars less.the problems is you end up with 3 problems . the blade is bade, the leather is bad, aged missing ect or the whole thing is lower end. I have a half dozen with the above issues. you can find one better like map said. try ebay in the US. you will have your pic of some decent ones at fair prices if you knok around a little. are you looking for a type for a collection or just in general

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Utica sold kutmaster knives to the commercial market post ww2 from left over Garand stocks.
    ???? Can you explain the Garand Stocks. Were the handles of these made of wood? They look like leather and that's were the "Garand Stocks" has me asking.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I think he meant to say left over stocks of m1 Garand bayonets, correct map?

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    ???? Can you explain the Garand Stocks. Were the handles of these made of wood?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    I think he meant to say left over stocks of m1 Garand bayonets, correct map?
    LoL...Yes, left over stock of Garand bayonets. My friend Phil LOVES busting my tea ... I mean chops

But for the record, this is just what I read on some other forums. CMP was the most detailed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast